LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 142 users in the forums

New Scott Wright (Draftcountdown) Mock

• Chief
  • Veteran
I would be happy with the 10th pick being Mays but hopefully our next pick isn't until much later.
Originally posted by Chief:
I would be happy with the 10th pick being Mays but hopefully our next pick isn't until much later.

That would be a horrible pick... Taylor Mays (as Ive said the whole time) has zero ball skills and is a very average cover safety. He only excells at decapitating WRs coming across the middle.

And Im a USC alum...
I'll be so disappointed if we end up with Mays . . . not feelin it.
this guy has the New Orleans Saints winnin the Super Bowl with the 32nd pick (SMH)
Originally posted by abowers1984:

That would be a horrible pick... Taylor Mays (as Ive said the whole time) has zero ball skills and is a very average cover safety. He only excells at decapitating WRs coming across the middle.

And Im a USC alum...

Mays is all hype and no production. The kid just doesn't know how to play the game. There is no way the Niners take him this high based on potential alone.
Mays= ill pass
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

And Im a USC alum...

Mays is all hype and no production. The kid just doesn't know how to play the game. There is no way the Niners take him this high based on potential alone.

Eh, I think his game is being overscrutinized. He still is likely to be in my mind a very good player. Of course he's having trouble adjusting after losing like 6 guys to the NFL, and has never had the entire spotlight on him. He still plays too far back deep and hasn't risen to the occasion, but I think that he is capable of that. If he falls past the late 1st round, he'll be a steal.
Originally posted by dhp318:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

And Im a USC alum...

Eh, I think his game is being overscrutinized. He still is likely to be in my mind a very good player. Of course he's having trouble adjusting after losing like 6 guys to the NFL, and has never had the entire spotlight on him. He still plays too far back deep and hasn't risen to the occasion, but I think that he is capable of that. If he falls past the late 1st round, he'll be a steal.

I guarantee you a team that takes him in the top 10 will regret it big time. I PRAY of all the players we can draft he will not be one of them.

He really is the guy that scares me the most out of any players projected around the top 20.

I will puke if the Niners select Mays in the first round. That would be a horrible pick.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I would hate if we took a S, but if we did it had better be Earl Thomas, who actually is a playmaker.

I just can not see the Niner's drafting Mays with a top 15 pick.

Does anyone know anything about this guy?

Kam Chancellor FS Virginia Tech 6-3 230 4.58

He looks like he has the measurables to a solid SS prospect. How are his coverage skills?
Originally posted by TX9R:
I would hate if we took a S, but if we did it had better be Earl Thomas, who actually is a playmaker.

Thomas has been getting a little run on the draft boards lately. I have only seen a few Texas games, but the guy usually makes some plays whenever I catch them on the TV. What are his measureables? Is he a FS or SS prospect?
this is like 3 weeks old
10th overall pick for mays is too early if you ask me.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I'll be so disappointed if we end up with Mays . . . not feelin it.

Not to worry.. Al Davis will fall in love with Mays' measurables and draft him.
Share 49ersWebzone