There are 127 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

New Scott Wright (Draftcountdown) Mock

Not too many o-lineman taken in this mock...that's interesting.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I like it, but C'mo Scott, you really think we're gonna have the #11 pick?? So I guess we're going 7-9 again.

Love the Mock btw.

Mays and Williams!!!!
Horrible. I will be pissed if we draft Taylor Mays in the first round.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

I can has Roy Williams II.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I like it, but C'mo Scott, you really think we're gonna have the #11 pick?? So I guess we're going 7-9 again.

Love the Mock btw.

Mays and Williams!!!!

I think he bases the picks on how the teams are doing at the moment, makes sense.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame

Love the Mock btw.

Mays and Williams!!!!

Well technically if the season ended today we'd be picking 12th and Carolina's pick would be 14th.
Originally posted by DarthNiner:

Can anyone explain what they don't lime about Mays? He plays a position of major need, is a good kid, an intimidating hitter, and a perfect deep safety. Put Mays into the Atl game and no way Roddy White gets the 90 yard TD, he gets the first down and pays heavily for it
If those were our picks I would like Williams pick. With the other pick I would like Spiller or Hughes.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by teeohh:

Love the Mock btw.

Mays and Williams!!!!

I think he bases the picks on how the teams are doing at the moment, makes sense.

Good point.
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:

Can anyone explain what they don't lime about Mays? He plays a position of major need, is a good kid, an intimidating hitter, and a perfect deep safety. Put Mays into the Atl game and no way Roddy White gets the 90 yard TD, he gets the first down and pays heavily for it

You evidently dont watch many USC games. Yes he tries to be an intimidating hitter. I think you vastly overrate him though. He always tries for the big hit rather than just get the tackle. He also is NOT a playmaker at all and I really think he is having an off year compared to last year.

He would absolutley not be a perfect deep safety and I doubt that is where he will play. I think he will play SS and be close to the line of scrimmage.

Finally, while safety is a position of need it is hardly our main position of need. Offensive tackle, OLB, CB, RB.. all bigger needs in my opinion. Mays would simply not be a good pick in rd 1 for this team.

You evidently dont watch many USC games. Yes he tries to be an intimidating hitter. I think you vastly overrate him though. He always tries for the big hit rather than just get the tackle. He also is NOT a playmaker at all and I really think he is having an off year compared to last year.

He would absolutley not be a perfect deep safety and I doubt that is where he will play. I think he will play SS and be close to the line of scrimmage.

Finally, while safety is a position of need it is hardly our main position of need. Offensive tackle, OLB, CB, RB.. all bigger needs in my opinion. Mays would simply not be a good pick in rd 1 for this team.

Mays doesn't have the instinct of Patrick Willis of wrapping up the ball carrier. He's just a battering ram with a uniform. He might as well tie both of his arms since he's not using them in the game anyway.

Mays is a freakish athlete and is an intimidating hitter...that's about it. As a matter of fact, that could be the reason why his stock is going down because all he does is try to get that big hit. He has no ball skills. His wrap up tackling is also quite poor. He missed 2 tackles in one drive last week. Two weeks ago, he tried going for a big hit instead of swatting the ball down which lead to a touchdown. He's fast and strong, but I think he may struggle in the pros.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Instead of Mays I'd rather us get Sergio Kindle or CJ Spiller. I love the Williams pick though.

I love Mays but he is may a bust? i dunno hard a question. i think, better get CJ Spiller and great pick is Williams because I need OT so badly
I say no to Mays.
Originally posted by tohara3:
I say no to Mays.

Lolz.. do you think that Mays will may a bust? i wonder....
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home