LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

Prospect Watch: Bowling Green vs. Buffalo. (11/3) Star WR's on Display.

Tonight there are few key prospects worth watching. Most notably, Freddie Barnes, who is getting some much deserved recognition finally. His counterpart, Naaman Roosevelt (who figures to be a middle-round pick) racked up 104 catches with 1400+ yards and 13 touchdowns last year, so he's definitely no slouch either. With that said, you'll definitely want to tune in tonight.

For more on Barnes, see thread: http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=132452

Bowling Green at Buffalo, 7:00 PM EST (ESPN2)

Bowling Green:
WR Freddie Barnes, 6-1 206 4.59
QB Tyler Sheehan, 6-3 223 4.79

Buffalo:
WR Naaman Roosevelt, 6-0 191 4.59
Game is on now.
Don't know if anyone watched -- or cares -- but Freddie Barnes caught the game-winning touchdown pass to beat Buffalo 30-29 with 39 seconds left.

Barnes was the better receiver tonight, with 8 catches for 122 yards and 1 TD. If you watched you can tell that while not fast, he's quick, and is a very polished route-runner.

Roosevelt had only two catches for 21 yards.

[ Edited by OnTheClock on Nov 3, 2009 at 22:00:08 ]
Thanks for the report OTC! Where do you see his (Barnes) stock sitting right now?
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Unless they are PR/KR and wr I doubt the Niners will be looking hard at them.
To me, he looks like a mid-round guy, 4th-5th. He kind of reminds me of Jarret Dillard, who the Jags took in the 5th last year. He'd have to have an amazing offseason to jump up into the first day of the draft.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Don't know if anyone watched -- or cares -- but Freddie Barnes caught the game-winning touchdown pass to beat Buffalo 30-29 with 39 seconds left.

Barnes was the better receiver tonight, with 8 catches for 122 yards and 1 TD. If you watched you can tell that while not fast, he's quick, and is a very polished route-runner.

Roosevelt had only two catches for 21 yards.

I didn't watch the whole game but I did watch a few drives (mostly in the second half).

Barnes didn't look all that impressive to me. He's not physically dominating (either size or speed), but he ran routes well enough to beat their DB's. He showed good awareness when plays broke down and the Qb had to scramble, too.

Based on watching just part of that one game (and nothing else, admittedly), level of competition looks like a concern as well. To make a completely unjustified, unresearched prediction based on what little I saw - I'd say 6th round. Basically he looked just good enough to dominate at that level. He didn't "wow" me.
Share 49ersWebzone