LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 210 users in the forums

Do we need any offensive skill players in this draft?

Just going over and assessing our team and our talent, and the help we need is o line and d line and secondary, so are we actually set at wr and rb and qb (big maybe), do we even need to use a draft pick on any offensive skill players this draft? your thoughts? Has any team ever had a draft where they didn't select at least one offensive skill player?
Originally posted by 228niner:
Just going over and assessing our team and our talent, and the help we need is o line and d line and secondary, so are we actually set at wr and rb and qb (big maybe), do we even need to use a draft pick on any offensive skill players this draft? your thoughts? Has any team ever had a draft where they didn't select at least one offensive skill player?

NO.

OL, DL, secondary.
Jahvid Best
in the later rounds for special teams if anything.

OL
OL
OL
and some DB's & possibly QB on the side....
Yes, if one falls into the niners lap again, then yes.
  • dman
  • Veteran
We need a speedy return guy at either RB or WR ... someone like Bush, Parvin, Sproles, etc.
CJ MOTHERF**KING SPILLER!!!!!
Originally posted by dman:
We need a speedy return guy at either RB or WR ... someone like Bush, Parvin, Sproles, etc.

a wr that can also double as a kr/pr
Who was going to be drafted if crabs was not available? Who was the odds on favorite. I have completely forgot. I don't regret crabs, but I think it was a tackle.

[ Edited by fister30 on Nov 2, 2009 at 23:04:17 ]
Originally posted by fister30:
Who was going to be drafted if crabs was not available? Who was the odds on favorite. I have completely forgot. I don't regret crabs, but I think it was a tackle.

I remember hearing Oher. Don't know if its fact or not.

We can definitely use a dominant RB. If Best or Spiller is there with our second first round pick. We should definitely pull the trigger. I love Gore as much as everyone else but I don't think he'll ever be the same as the '06 Gore we fell in love with. QB is also a major need depending on how Alex looks the rest of the year.

OL, DL, S, PR (pass rusher), KR

maybe not exactly in that order but those are the teams needs, and should be the main focus this offseason.
Originally posted by fister30:

Michael Oher

I think we need to take an OT and an OLB. If we picked a CB, Safety or another WR I wouldn't be dissatisfied though.

DL, OG can be had in second round.

Actually, I wouldn't mind stocking up on 2nd round picks. Great value normally and I just don't see this draft as having signature 1st rounders past the first 10 or so (and that may be a stretch). Of course, who knows what uderclassmen will come out.

[ Edited by nvninerfan1 on Nov 3, 2009 at 08:27:55 ]
The only skill player I would want in the 1st round is CJ Spiller.
Originally posted by AC49er:
Jahvid Best

the 49ers need OL and Safety, and RB?
Share 49ersWebzone