LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

Tebow

Interesting comments from Tony Dungy on Dan Patrick show today....

He said he would take Tebow over any other QB in this draft and would absolutley select him in top 10 if he needed a franchise QB.

I have not been in the Tebow camp and dont think he will be a great NFL QB but it is interesting that someone like Dungy who has had Peyton Manning would be so high on him.
He is a Singletary kind a guy I believe there is a possibility.
This is why Dungy is a coach and not a GM.
I think Tony Dungy is smoking crack.
Originally posted by znk916:
This is why Dungy is a coach and not a GM.

this
  • Luca
  • Veteran
Well I guess a plus with Tebow, is his leadership abilities.
Not that I buy Tebow but his opinion as a coach >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> you as a wannabe GM.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Doesnt he recognizing Tebow as a great talent reflect some part of his abilities as a coach? Either way... he created the Tampa 2 DEFENSE, so I'm thinking he should stick to that side of the ball.

Originally posted by tjd808185:
Not that I buy Tebow but his opinion as a coach >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> you as a wannabe GM.
lol i know right. There's a reason why Dungy has been in the NFL for 25 years... I think his opinion has more weight than anyone here's combined.
[ Edited by Ether on Oct 30, 2009 at 11:37 PM ]
Originally posted by Ether:
Doesnt he recognizing Tebow as a great talent reflect some part of his abilities as a coach? Either way... he created the Tampa 2 DEFENSE, so I'm thinking he should stick to that side of the ball.

lol i know right. There's a reason why Dungy has been in the NFL for 25 years... I think his opinion has more weight than anyone here's combined.

I've heard plenty of optimism about Tebow as qb, but it's always from ex-players and/or coaches, like Gruden for example too. On the flip side, most of the stuff I hear and read from scouts and GMs indicates he's not that great of a qb prospect.

So basically you are saying that you dont buy Tebow and that you disagree with Dungy's assesment even though he knows much more than you do?

Pssh, what does Dungy know?
Dungy also played Shaun King for some years.

Bill Walsh thought Rick Mirer was the second coming of Montana.

Everybody makes mistakes......
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

So basically you are saying that you dont buy Tebow and that you disagree with Dungy's assesment even though he knows much more than you do?

There's a difference between disagreeing and insulting his opinion. I don't think Tebow translate to a NFL player at any position, but Dungy's not the first coach to support Tebow. Perhaps they see his mentality/ leadership, and they feel they can mold him to what they want.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

There's a difference between disagreeing and insulting his opinion. I don't think Tebow translate to a NFL player at any position, but Dungy's not the first coach to support Tebow. Perhaps they see his mentality/ leadership, and they feel they can mold him to what they want.

LOL Try reading my post again slowly so you can comprehend. I dont find anything insulting whatsoever. I basically said I found his comments interesting and that he thought Tebow was a top 10 QB.
Whoever gets Tebow is going to get one heck of an athlete!
Share 49ersWebzone