There are 152 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Niners 1st round pick question

Carolina is at 2-4 right now. Looking at their remaining schedule, I see 3-13 being their best possible record without a MAJOR upset.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/carolinapanthers/schedule?team=CAR

What is the lowest pick ever for a 3-13 team? I want to look at the players that could be available, and want to aim low.
  • Stuuk
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 180
I think that even if Carolina did go on to finish 3-13/4-12 we would still be picking no higher than 6/7 as there are too many bad teams that are gonna to struggle to better that record.
Taylor Mays!
Originally posted by Syxton:
Carolina is at 2-4 right now. Looking at their remaining schedule, I see 3-13 being their best possible record without a MAJOR upset.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/carolinapanthers/schedule?team=CAR

What is the lowest pick ever for a 3-13 team? I want to look at the players that could be available, and want to aim low.

Look at O-line players because that will be the numero uno position of need
Think they are 5-11 may be 6-10 team. If they can keep Delhome from throwing those picks
Pick 6 or 7 seems right. I think there is no question we target an OL, or trade down to about 10-14 with picking up some more picks.
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=126077
Originally posted by contrarios:
Taylor Mays!

meanwhile our QB's keep getting killed because of no O-line






excellent choice though
  • 49erfourlife
  • Info N/A
We need a pass rusher 1st then OL... There is no way we pass up on a pass rusher w/ our 1st pick!!!!
Originally posted by tbyrdc3:
Pick 6 or 7 seems right. I think there is no question we target an OL, or trade down to about 10-14 with picking up some more picks.

Seems like a good idea since they have two 1st rd picks
Originally posted by Super5:
Originally posted by contrarios:
Taylor Mays!

meanwhile our QB's keep getting killed because of no O-line






excellent choice though


Look at HISTORY! We don't develope rookie lineman well, so why go out and get yet another high oline pick just to watch him flatline? Last time we had a respectable line is when we had L.A., & JJ! We need to go out and get O-linemen that have been developed else where or maybe even a O-line coach that has been developed else where. We already have a 1st, two 2nds, and a third invested in the current o-line

We need players that can come in and make a difference now, O-linemen are not going to do that against these men in the NFL (see Chilo Rachell).
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Think they are 5-11 may be 6-10 team. If they can keep Delhome from throwing those picks

I agree that if I was grading them they wouldn't be a bottom 5 team. But they have 4 losses already. Look at their schedule. What 4 teams are they going to beat? TB I give you, although that isn't like a 100% proven win. What other 3 are they going to beat?
Originally posted by valrod33:
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=126077

Sorry, I did a search and they all were locked. Kinda the problem with locking so many threads.