There are 176 users in the forums

Matt Barkley 2012

Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
Originally posted by Draftology:
Barkley will be a bust. I'd willing to roll with Alex and Kaep even if Barkley falls to 32

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE, but i think he's the #1 pick next year.....by the raiduz

i bet logan thomas comes up as the #1 pick. i think for sure barkley will raise alot of questions by the end up of the season
Another over hyped USC qb??? next...
considering Pete has never been loyal to a starting QB.....anybody think he may get ballsy and make a move for him?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jreff22:
considering Pete has never been loyal to a starting QB.....anybody think he may get ballsy and make a move for him?

This I wouldn't doubt, especially if/when Wilson shows is rookie mistakes. Much rather get Aaron Murray, Landry Jones or Tyler Wilson at the spots we realistically be drafting at. OK, maybe not Landry Jones but if he fell to us I'd take him no doubt.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Kolohe:

This I wouldn't doubt, especially if/when Wilson shows is rookie mistakes. Much rather get Aaron Murray, Landry Jones or Tyler Wilson at the spots we realistically be drafting at. OK, maybe not Landry Jones but if he fell to us I'd take him no doubt.

Am I missing something or are you saying you'd want us to draft another QB? Why?
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49digger:

Hard to trust any QB coming from USC, they get some of the best O-lineman in the country and are usually stocked at running back and wide receiver. Like when Leinart was there, he had 5 seconds to throw to guys who had two yards separation on the defenders. Anyone could look good in that situation. Look at Sanchez, looked great at USC, now barely an average NFL QB, if that.
Originally posted by sfout:

Am I missing something or are you saying you'd want us to draft another QB? Why?

This

Through the first two weeks our QB is playing at a probowl level and if he didn't have 6+ drops last game he would have probably won player of the week.

I have never been a big Smith fan, but he was good last year and this year he is playing even better. He is making throws with accuracy I didn't think he had, that over the shoulder pass to VD, the one VD dropped and those third down passes to Crabs were all on the money giving him the momentum to continue forward for the first down.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by sfout:

Oops sorry, forgot we have the savior Colin Kaepernick.

Btw Alex Smith is the man nuff said, whats in back of him I'm still nervous about.
[ Edited by Kolohe on Sep 20, 2012 at 10:11 AM ]
Wow this thread was started in 09
  • sfout
  • Veteran

Btw Alex Smith is the man nuff said, whats in back of him I'm still nervous about.

Ok lol. Im in the same boat. Alex is bad a** but while its still a huge mystery about kaepernick and tolzien I dont see us drafting a qb until any of our current three are cut or traded for various reason. Bringing in JJ was our way of validating long term commitment to all 3 of our qbs imho Because kaep and tolzien clearly showed that much progress to not have us go out our way for a veteran backup. No need for a qb this year or next year either.....god it feels good to say that lol

• Jcool
  • Veteran

Going to be a while before we spend anything higher then 6th round pick on a QB. Kaep my be unknown but Harbaugh likes him and that's good enough for me.
Originally posted by gold49digger:

LOL and there's a good chance he's gonna get put with the rest.

• Jcool
  • Veteran
15-25 for 135 yards 1 TD 2 INTs Not a good game from Barkley so far.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
ESPN Stats & Info ‏@ESPNStatsInfo

USC's Matt Barkley is just 3-of-15 on passes thrown 20+ yards downfield this season, including missing all 8 attempts in last 2 starts.
he gets by with a good O-line and one of the best WR tandems in the country...im placing the bust label on this guy for sure.
Share 49ersWebzone