There are 163 users in the forums

Matt Barkley 2012

Originally posted by spizzy:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Scott Wright

I applaud Barkley for doing what makes him happy but he won't have a better season than he just did and his game is ripe to be picked apart.

I agree

That's what they said about Locker...he still went 8th overall. Even though he lost a ton of money, he looks pretty solid now

I'm sorry but if there was no lockout no way many teams would had reached for QB's the way they did this last draft
nvm
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Dec 22, 2011 at 2:54 PM ]
couldn't be happier for @MattBarkley & the Trojan family! This is an extraordinary statement of his commitment to SC

http://twitter.com/#!/PeteCarroll/status/149967203675025408

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I always thought he would go back for his Senior year, actually I thought either Landry Jones or Matt Barkley would back out or wouldn't declare for the draft. But I think its kind of a smart move since this draft could be filled with Robert Griffin, Ryan Tannehill, Landry Jones, Nick Foles, Ryan Lindley, Kirk Cousins, Brandon Weeden, Austin Davis and hopefully even Tyler Wilson. I would say this QB class is far better than last years. Should've waited one-more-year to take a QB.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I always thought he would go back for his Senior year, actually I thought either Landry Jones or Matt Barkley would back out or wouldn't declare for the draft. But I think its kind of a smart move since this draft could be filled with Robert Griffin, Ryan Tannehill, Landry Jones, Nick Foles, Ryan Lindley, Kirk Cousins, Brandon Weeden, Austin Davis and hopefully even Tyler Wilson. I would say this QB class is far better than last years. Should've waited one-more-year to take a QB.

Yeah, this is a nice crop of QBs. I know we drafted Kap, but I wouldn't be surprised if we drafted another QB in the middle rounds. Its looking pretty certain that Alex will get an extension; however, if we pass on bringing back, all bets are off. I'm sure Harbaugh likes Kap, but I feel Dalton was really the guy he wanted. Kap was the consolation prize. I think Harbaugh would force Baalke's hand to draft another QB if a top prospect falls to us.

I hope we can get a look at Kap and maybe even Tolzien (unlikely) in the remaining couple games. I like how he stands tall in the pocket. Plus, you have to love his arm strength. The ball gets there in a hurry.
[ Edited by strickac on Dec 22, 2011 at 3:34 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Yeah, this is a nice crop of QBs. I know we drafted Kap, but I would be surprised I'd we drafted another QB in the middle rounds. It looking pretty certain that Alex will get an extension; however, if we pass on bringing back, all bets are off. I'm sure Harbaugh likes Kap, but I feel Dalton was really the guy he really wanted. Kap was the consolation prize. I think Harbaugh would force Baalke's hand to draft another QB if a top prospect falls to us.

I hope we can get a look at Kap and maybe even Tolzien (unlikely) in the remaining couple games. I like how he stands tall in the pocket. Plus, you have to love his arm strength. The ball gets there in a hurry.

I'd be kind of shocked if we took a QB anywhere in this draft, especially since we would be coming off a winning season. I think Alex Smith will definitely get a extension like you said and if we could go into the season with the QB's we have now and win, then we should be able to do it next year too. I think giving Kaepernick and Tolzien the time to grow in this offense without having another QB looking over your shoulder would be the best thing for them and our offense. I also think IMO, the only way or ways we pick up another QB is if Alex Smith is loss for the season.
Hoyoyo I just read it too. Bradford 2.0.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Matt Barkley future NFL bust.
Originally posted by vrabbit:
I'm sorry but if there was no lockout no way many teams would had reached for QB's the way they did this last draft

What does that even mean?
Originally posted by spizzy:
What does that even mean?

that all those teams reached for QBs because they had no idea what was gonna go on with free agency or know when free agency would be.

Is it just me or is Barkley over-hyped and being carried by 2 great wide receivers? I was at the Stanford-USC game this past weekend, and he really made a lot of poor decisions, especially considering Stanford's secondary was comprised mostly of first or second year players. That said both the wide receivers Lee and Wood look very good.
Yeah Barkley's decision making just is not very good a lot of the time, I just don't see a future franchise QB but the season is young. Having said that, his center was injured I believe and his LT was horrendous; the O-line did not do him any favors. As of now I think he looks more like Jimmy Clausen 2.0 than Sam Bradford lol.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Its pretty typical for a USC QB to be massively over hyped. Only USC QB to do anything in the NFL the last 10 years was Palmer who really only had 2 top seasons (05 & 06) with the Bengals and looks done with the Raiders.
Barkley will be a bust. I'd willing to roll with Alex and Kaep even if Barkley falls to 32
Originally posted by Draftology:
Barkley will be a bust. I'd willing to roll with Alex and Kaep even if Barkley falls to 32

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THERE, but i think he's the #1 pick next year.....by the raiduz
Share 49ersWebzone