LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 143 users in the forums

Who is the Best Pro-style QB Prospect in 2010?

Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Meh. I don't know fellas. Locker reminds me of another UW alum, Cody Pickett.

Cody Pickett was WSU. The home of Ryan Leaf. Big difference in programs.
Originally posted by redmanc07:
Originally posted by strickac:
Cody Hawkins

Yeah I was sold when he threw that out route to that Texas DB for the TD!

If he was just a little taller, a little stronger, a little more accurate, and a little less s**tty, he'd be a sure-fire 1st rounder.
Originally posted by nickbradley:
I've heard Locker referred to as "Tim Tebow of the West" -- anybody else heard that?

The argument is that there's little difference between the two, except that Tebow plays in a spread offense surrounded by superstars while Locker plays in a pro-style offense surrounded by guys who drop the ball a lot.

Yeah during the Willingham days he scrambled a lot...man when he hit that corner you could not beat him to the punch he was very fast on top of the fact that he's built like a linebacker.

[ Edited by fortyninerglory on Oct 13, 2009 at 13:54:37 ]
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:

Cody Pickett was UW.
Originally posted by TheNaitch:
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:

Cody Pickett was UW.

Sorry, your right. I just looked it up.
Locker, Clausen.
I dont like either
Cody Hawkins

If he was just a little taller, a little stronger, a little more accurate, and a little less s**tty, he'd be a sure-fire 1st rounder.

Yeah dude i completely agree. All of which can be fixed with coaching at the NFL level and a littlle HGH!
No more love on here for Colt McCoy?? The guy is being called the Drew Brees of this draft class by many scouts. I don't know about Pro-Style offense, but he's accurate and can move around in the pocket and should go bottom half of 1st round.

with Carolina's pick looking like top 10 we need top impact player (if it's locker ok, but probably will be Mays, OT, or OLB) and then our pick would be a QB. We'd look at Clausen or McCoy.
Cody Hawkins

LOL

Colt McCoy for me he is accurate like Brees that is what I look at in a Qb!
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Who is the Best Pro-style QB Prospect in 2010?

It seems to me like all the top-rated QBs for this year's draft play in a spread offense -- and I am very nervous about taking a QB who has never taken as snap from under center.

From what I can tell, the only two QBs that run a pro-style offense that may be in the 2010 draft (both are Jrs) are Clausen and Locker. I like Clausen, but I really think Locker has the tools to be a star in the NFL:

1. Plays in a pro-style, run-first, play-action offense.
2. Rocket Arm
3. Extremely mobile
4. Leadership skills
5. Great Vision

I really feel that Locker and Clausen will declare this year. Clausen has little left to prove this year, and his draft stock will crash if he comes back for a senior year and has a bad season (or gets hurt).

Locker will declare to avoid any competition with Nick Montana at UW next spring. What would happen to Locker's draft stock if a true freshman gave him a run for his money in camp?

I was at the Oaks Christian vs Skyline and I can tell you that Nick Montana is nowhere close to challenging Locker
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

I think he'd be the optimal solution.....id have a hard time picking him in the first though. If we really wanted him it'd have to come with our second first round pick, i'd just prefer him in the second round.
Originally posted by JDeezy:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:

I think he'd be the optimal solution.....id have a hard time picking him in the first though. If we really wanted him it'd have to come with our second first round pick, i'd just prefer him in the second round.

Why? He's the best QB in the draft.

I'd be ecstatic if we selected him with Carolina's pick.
Share 49ersWebzone