LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 288 users in the forums

Jake Locker

• ptinerocket
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Too bad. Now the Rams probably won't take a QB and take Suh ot Okung instead.

this is really bad for us, that means the teams in front of niners will likely pick one more Defensive player instead of a Qb, meaning even joe haden might be ogne by the time niners pick
I hope he tanks next season and loses his draft stock, one less player potentially to be picked before our's.
I just hope the Rams can win at least one more game. I don't want to face Suh twice a year.
Originally posted by fryet:
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

I have been saying for about 2 months in various threads that I thought he would return for his senior season. Another year under Sarkisian will improve his fundementals which, until this year year were suspect. Unless he gets injured he will be the undisputed top rated QB in the 2011 draft and likely #1 overall pick. This will also all but guarantee that Nick Montana will be redshirted next year at UW.

I remember Leinart being viewed as the best QB the year Alex Smith was drafted. Next year, he went 10th. Bradford was supposed to be a lock for this year, and now he would be happy to be drafted in the top 10.

From a money perspective, you are better off entering the NFL whenever you are a likely top-5 pick. There are too many ways for you to lose that top 5 status in your senior year.

Especially the last year before there is a rookie salary cap.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I just hope the Rams can win at least one more game. I don't want to face Suh twice a year.

they have the texans, cards, and us left

I hope they win 2 more!
Sorry, but I think Locker made the right decision. Refine his game even further, become a sure-fire top 10 pick next year AND be bettered prepared for the NFL. I don't think he was quite ready yet, to be very honest.

Locker made a good decision. I don't think he's all about the money, obviously.

I like Jake as a player, and as many have said this year, he sure does remind me quite a bit of a young Steve Young.

At one point last year they had to tell Locker to stay out of the weight room as he was starting to look more like an LB than a QB. Apparently he was up to nearly 240 and still running a 4.4, what a freak!! He really wasn't much of QB until Sarkisian got hold of him and taught him the craft. He sure has come a long way since last year, but remains a high ceiling work in progress.
  • ptinerocket
  • Info N/A
he really messed up the whole draft especially for us

Eric berry is no way in hell
Originally posted by ptinerocket:

Originally posted by domesik:
Originally posted by ptinerocket:

what effing dummy. hopefully by Jan 1st or whatever date it is for undergrads to declare he will have a change of heart. from all the mocks I've read he was a sure thing in the top 10 of the 1st round. C'mon Jake Locker reconsider.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Sorry, but I think Locker made the right decision. Refine his game even further, become a sure-fire top 10 pick next year AND be bettered prepared for the NFL. I don't think he was quite ready yet, to be very honest.

I like Jake as a player, and as many have said this year, he sure does remind me quite a bit of a young Steve Young.

At one point last year they had to tell Locker to stay out of the weight room as he was starting to look more like an LB than a QB. Apparently he was up to nearly 240 and still running a 4.4, what a freak!! He really wasn't much of QB until Sarkisian got hold of him and taught him the craft. He sure has come a long way since last year, but remains a high ceiling work in progress.

Exactly. I think if he wants to be a top NFL QB, one more year at Washington will be great for him.

He has every right to stay. Phuck the millions of dollars, I have a lot of respect for the guy to stay at the college level and play for fun.

If all goes well (and who knows it may or may not). He'll still be a 1st rounder next year. Don't get mad at the guy for wanting complete his college life/career.

The man has love for the game, and wants to win for his school. Gotta amire that the dude isn't money hungry.
I've seen some sites having the Rams taking Clausen. I hope so, Suh is too good and they have a crap Oline so whoever is QB will be running for their life. Also I've heard from a friend but did not read it so I don't really know but they were looking at Vick. If they do get Vick they can then take Okung or Suh and that would suck.
Smart kid regardless of what happens. Stay in college one more year under the tutelage of Sarkisian...take your college team to new heights and be better prepared for NFL life.

Money doesn't guarantee happiness but can offer some peace of mind...most likely they've taken out an insurance policy in case of draft altering injury.
  • dj43

A good friend of mine is a Husky alum and is always on top of all things Husky. He says Locker made the decision strictly because he did not feel he was ready to run a pro-set offense. He recognized the need to absorb more of Sarkisian if he was to have a successful pro career.

As you suggest, he ISN'T about the money, according to the friend. He just wants to be a good player in the NFL and who counts money past $10MILLION?

Sounds like a breath of fresh air in an environment that is too often driven by money.
Do not know if this has already been mentioned but I read somewhere that he may not be 100% committed to football cause he is a big time Baseball prospect also matter of fact a team already drafted him just to hold his rights.

This is where I read it

[ Edited by epdavis on Dec 16, 2009 at 14:22:35 ]
Share 49ersWebzone