LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 299 users in the forums

Tim Tebow won't be a good NFL QB

Ive seen a play and all he does is run run run and when he is about to throw he runs and when he really throws it's a horrible throw ya he wins games and he has great leadership but he looks like a RB or a project player more then a QB to me
I personally would not pick him real high. The transition from the shotgun spread offense and running a lot to a pro style offense is a big one. IMO he has the athleticism and size to be able to play but it's a big transition. He may do it. He may not. But I wouldn't pick him high.
I hate when people say negative things about non-prototypical QB's just to say them, but you watch Tebow, and he doesn't drop back and throw, he either doesn't know how or just doesn't because that's the nature of the Florida offense. If he throws it's on the run or under duress, maybe he can be a QB at that next level, but maybe he can figure it out, I mean honestly Pat White was a better drop back passer than Tebow is, so yeah he's too great of an athlete not to take this guy in the NFL draft and he deserves a shot at QB, but not in the 1st round or anything, well Jacksonville might cause of their owner, but hey haha.
I think Tebow is a straight-up winner and will succeed at anything he tries . . . . Spread QB, Pro Style QB, Tight-end, OLB . . . whatever. I think he just has that "IT" factor.

[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Oct 10, 2009 at 23:35:09 ]
  • Kelv
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I think Tebow is a straight-up winner and will succeed at anything he tries . . . . Spread QB, Pro Style QB, Tight-end, OLB . . . whatever. I think he just has that "IT" factor.

That's the thing that people have to remember when they write off Tebow. The guy puts so much effort and passion into everything he does I don't believe you can just state that he won't be able to do it in the pros.
Does Tebow have a strong arm?
Originally posted by Kelv:

That's the thing that people have to remember when they write off Tebow. The guy puts so much effort and passion into everything he does I don't believe you can just state that he won't be able to do it in the pros.

Fully agreed.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Fully agreed.

But what position does he play? What I've seen of him in college doesn't exist in the NFL. I think someone needs to draft him without any expectations for a long time. He does have the "IT" though.
  • Kelv
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:

Fully agreed.

But what position does he play? What I've seen of him in college doesn't exist in the NFL. I think someone needs to draft him without any expectations for a long time. He does have the "IT" though.

I totally agree with the idea of giving him time to develop. Give the guy a year and half or two years, two training camps and the right coaching then I think he could be a good NFL QB. Then again the thing about Tebow is that he seems to do the impossible with ease and if he started as a rookie and was effective then I wouldn't be that suprised that he'd found a way to overcome all the knocks and win.

That's what scouts have been sayin 'bout Alex Smith a few years back.

Originally posted by JeuSF49:

That's what scouts have been sayin 'bout Alex Smith a few years back.

I don't remember exactly what scouts said about Alex's intangibles, but I see a clear difference between the two in how they lead their teams and the emotion they bring to the field.
Originally posted by RollinWith21n52:

Fully agreed.

I fully believe Tebow can play QB in the NFL. People are getting way too caught up in the offense and the system he's in and look more at that than the player himself.

Tebow can play. Plain and simple.

Guys like Pennington and Orton are doing just fine and they didn't have the kind of talent and ability that Tebow will have coming out.

Heck, even Joe Montana ran a triple-option system at Notre Dame.

Some players can make it, some don't. It's about knowing the player and whether they do have "it." Sure, maybe Tebow won't make it, but I have every reason to believe he can.
Originally posted by mrbusinessman499:
Ive seen a play and all he does is run run run and when he is about to throw he runs and when he really throws it's a horrible throw ya he wins games and he has great leadership but he looks like a RB or a project player more then a QB to me

Well then you are a fool...and don't watch him play at all as you state you do here.

as i stated in another thread about an hour ago...

his best college season PASSING was just as good as Peyton Mannings, if not a little better...

and Tebow is on an easy track to finishing his career as a more accurate and efficient passer than Manning, only trailing manning in passing yardage..
im not gonna lie i do dislike tebow mainly cuz i despise florida, but damn it for his toughness, leadership and willingness to succeed at everything he does will want me to say that i want this dude as a 9er in april. the thing is i really never seen anything throwing wise that makes me say this guy can play as a qb in the nfl and can make every throw. i want the next 9ers qb to be davis i really think he can become an excellent qb. but im not a coach and if singletary and mccoughlan dont see it and they want and think tebow can do it so be it barring he sits out for a yr or 2 . but i dont know how long i can stand a gm managing weak armed qb leading the offense.

our d as it showed today will not play top 5 d every gm and when were behind 2 or 3 we need a qb that can make the throws and the oc whether it be this old clown raye or the next 1 to have faith in him. dinking and dunking trying to come back will not get the job done. teams will stack regardless we open the playbook because of hill's lack of accuracy on the deep passes.
In other news grass is green and the sky is blue.
Share 49ersWebzone