LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 294 users in the forums

OT watch

So I'm watching Ciron Black against Florida, which is a great match up to see (against Dunlop) and I'm just not impressed. I think this guy is too heavy on his feet to be an effective run blocker. To be a mauler in the run game you have to at least move forward. I think he's too slow for the inside rush and he always falls down as he tries to run block. He's not playing badly, but I'm afraid he's a prototypical big heavy lineman but not exactly what this team means by a physical player who finishes.
Yeah he didn't look as dominate as I thought he would for his size. Maybe I will have to see more game film of him, but right now not to impressed.
I agree, I was not as impressed with his play last night but that was a pretty dominant defense. He has looked better to me in the past but that speed of the Florida defense kind of exposed him.
He has not been the player this year that he has been in the past.
+1

sluggish... unbalanced... a turnstile for quick edge rushers... no thanks
Originally, I felt that Trent Williams would be the best fit... But after watching him this season, I havent been very impressed with his quickness while protecting the edge. Consequently, Im leaning more towards Bryan Bulaga to fill our need at RT.
With 2 first rounders we could get a premium OT/RT with the lower of the 2 picks, and still a great player
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
With 2 first rounders we could get a premium OT/RT with the lower of the 2 picks, and still a great player

I'm still not sure if there is an OT worth either of our 1st round picks...

Other then Okung, what OT is a lock for the first round?
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by toppdogg32:

I'm still not sure if there is an OT worth either of our 1st round picks...

Other then Okung, what OT is a lock for the first round?

True.. Maybe we could go mauler Guard in the 2nd-3rd. and take Mc. Neil in Free agency ??.. This way we could get a guy like Suh at DT/NT and either Berry or Mays to take over for Lewis at SS... ??
Free agents will be very limited this offseason if the CBA isn't extended. Most of the FA will be rescheduled for 6 years versus the 4 years now. Plus, if we make the playoffs, we can only add a player in FA if we lose one.

For those of you that are interested, Great Blue North draft site just updated their offensive prospects for the next draft. It's a pretty good website because they provide updates on both NFL and College players/teams. They also list Juniors on their boards.
From NFL Draft Blog on ESPN:
"• Speaking of offensive linemen, there's an unusual development going on in this year's class: Many off-the-radar schools are producing the top offensive line prospects. Sure, the top two OTs taken could be OSU's Russell Okung and Williams. However, three of the next five or six linemen could be from Idaho (Mike Iupati), Abilene Christian (Tony Washington) and UMass (Vlad Ducasse). Iupati is a thickly built, 6-foot-5, 330-pounder with long arms and good agility for his size. Washington is a tall, relatively lean OT with great feet, but he needs to improve his overall strength. Duucasse is a massive guard prospect originally from Haiti who is flying up NFL teams' boards because of his combo of size -- 6-5, 328 -- agility and toughness. "

As OTC and MadDog mentioned, Lupati is the real deal and could jump all the way into the first. That's why I have said that this kid Lupati could be our second 1st especially if we land in the twenties.

Anyway, there are some great prospects out there moving up boards. Looks like we can get the needed pieces of the OL puzzle.
Originally posted by ninertico:
From NFL Draft Blog on ESPN:
"• Speaking of offensive linemen, there's an unusual development going on in this year's class: Many off-the-radar schools are producing the top offensive line prospects. Sure, the top two OTs taken could be OSU's Russell Okung and Williams. However, three of the next five or six linemen could be from Idaho (Mike Iupati), Abilene Christian (Tony Washington) and UMass (Vlad Ducasse). Iupati is a thickly built, 6-foot-5, 330-pounder with long arms and good agility for his size. Washington is a tall, relatively lean OT with great feet, but he needs to improve his overall strength. Duucasse is a massive guard prospect originally from Haiti who is flying up NFL teams' boards because of his combo of size -- 6-5, 328 -- agility and toughness. "

As OTC and MadDog mentioned, Lupati is the real deal and could jump all the way into the first. That's why I have said that this kid Lupati could be our second 1st especially if we land in the twenties.

Anyway, there are some great prospects out there moving up boards. Looks like we can get the needed pieces of the OL puzzle.

Great info, thanks alot. Hope we get the pieces we need.
Anthony Davis (Jr) out of Rutgers is getting alot of love recently. Anyone have any thoughts on him? He sounds like the big tackle that we need, but it also sounds like he might have a little Andre Smith in him.
Share 49ersWebzone