There are 170 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Who is the best Quarteback?

Who is the best Quarteback?

Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Clausen looked pretty decent tonight, besides being behind a s**tty o-line with no wide receiving talent.

What???

Tate and Floyd?

Tate good......Floyd really good, but hurt w/ broken collarbone.
Clausen
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Before the season, this was supposed to be a really strong QB class.

But now I'm starting to have doubts about everybody.

I've been saying from the beginning this QB class is overrated. I would hate for us to use a first on a Bradford, Mccoy or Snead....when we could get a Locker, Pike or a Lefevour in the 2nd or 3rd round.....truthfully....I like Nate Davis more than any of these guys.
Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:

I've been saying from the beginning this QB class is overrated. I would hate for us to use a first on a Bradford, Mccoy or Snead....when we could get a Locker, Pike or a Lefevour in the 2nd or 3rd round.....truthfully....I like Nate Davis more than any of these guys.

Agreed.

I wouldn't be upset at all if we let Davis sit for next year and have Hill start again.

Wouldn't it just be nice for once to not draft a single QB, WR, or RB and be able to concentrate on OL and D?
I'd probably take Jimmy Clausen over the group of them.

That was a very impressive performance today against USC. Very smart player. Knew when to throw the ball away, moves well in the pocket, and steps into throws, even when the rush is in his face.

He's a really savvy QB, and has enough arm strength to play at the next level.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

That was a very impressive performance today against USC. Very smart player. Knew when to throw the ball away, moves well in the pocket, and steps into throws, even when the rush is in his face.

I'm with you on all counts.

Clausen is now my #1 QB.

Clausen is now my #1 QB.

I'm a ND hater and even I have to admit Clausen looks really good.
Originally posted by Ninerbowl6:

Agreed.

I wouldn't be upset at all if we let Davis sit for next year and have Hill start again.

Wouldn't it just be nice for once to not draft a single QB, WR, or RB and be able to concentrate on OL and D?

But that would make sense...
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:

Clausen is now my #1 QB.

I'm a ND hater and even I have to admit Clausen looks really good.
Yeah I would say Clausen is pretty good. I saw Mccoy today and didn't see anything special. He struggled on a tough Oklahoma defense. Imagine Mccoy facing a real nfl defense. As for Bradford his arm are still questionable. So if we get an opportunity I would get Clausen doesn't he play on a pro style offense since Charlie Weis is his coach.
i wouldn't choose any qb in the first round, very disappointing

Get a chance to see Mallett today? I didn't see the whole thing but the guy sure makes some big time NFL throws.
Is Hansen from Colorado a prospect on anyone's radar? I'm not an avid college football guy, but I saw a little of the Kansas Colorado game, and that kid made some plays. Kind of reminded me of watching Matt Ryan at BC, except that after buying 20 seconds by scrambling all over and then launching a rocket down the field, Hansen's WRs would just drop passes that hit them in the hands. But it looked like Hansen had the tools, if not the WRs.
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame

Well there goes your webzone credibility because you chose a ND QB.

I too would take Clausen and some reasons you may have left out....good leadership ability and a true competitor. Poised, mentally and physically tough and tenacious.

That being said the WZ for the most part would not agree with the 49ers if they chose Clausen I bet. If his name is not Theismann or Montana then he is just another ND QB waiting to bust around these parts. I personally think staying in school to continue to work on his game and gain another year of experience would be the best thing he could do for himself.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

Well there goes your webzone credibility because you chose a ND QB.

I too would take Clausen and some reasons you may have left out....good leadership ability and a true competitor. Poised, mentally and physically tough and tenacious.

That being said the WZ for the most part would not agree with the 49ers if they chose Clausen I bet. If his name is not Theismann or Montana then he is just another ND QB waiting to bust around these parts. I personally think staying in school to continue to work on his game and gain another year of experience would be the best thing he could do for himself.

I think with the Bradford situation and a possible work stoppage/rookie salary structure coming in 2011; Clausen will declare. I would not have a problem if they select Clausen. I have been cheering against him for years now and have learn to respect his talent.
[ Edited by dirtysouthniner on Oct 18, 2009 at 7:36 AM ]
  • BobS
  • Veteran
After watching McCoy against Oklahoma, I take back all the good things I said about him, he did not respond well to the defensive pressure.