There are 220 users in the forums

CJ Spiller

• GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by Eastcoast49er:
We need to draft him with our second 1st round pick and draft our OG, OLB and QB of the future later.

f**k that if were not totally sold on the lineman thats there we gotta take spiller 1st then the olineman. teams are seeing what chris johnson is doing and when spiller runs his 40 he most likely will not be there. i did not think johnson was gonna be a 1st rd pick coming from ecu but the fastest 40 will catapult you to a 1st rder. omg just imagine an offense of gore, vd, crabtree, spiller, morgan and hill

I am sure Spiller can be utilized as a WR.

Morgan - Spiller - OL - Davis - Crabtree

Smith

Gore
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by Eastcoast49er:
We need to draft him with our second 1st round pick and draft our OG, OLB and QB of the future later.

f**k that if were not totally sold on the lineman thats there we gotta take spiller 1st then the olineman. teams are seeing what chris johnson is doing and when spiller runs his 40 he most likely will not be there. i did not think johnson was gonna be a 1st rd pick coming from ecu but the fastest 40 will catapult you to a 1st rder. omg just imagine an offense of gore, vd, crabtree, spiller, morgan and hill

I am sure Spiller can be utilized as a WR.

Morgan - Spiller - OL - Davis - Crabtree

Smith

Gore

These guys all on the field would give us a very good open & attacking offense!
If Spiller can test out as a WR like Harvin did, he's worth our 1st pick, IMO.

Harvin was such a great pick for Minn. If Spiller could double as our returner and be a playmaker at WR, he's worth the pick.
Originally posted by strickac:

Harvin was such a great pick for Minn. If Spiller could double as our returner and be a playmaker at WR, he's worth the pick.

That is a perfect comparison. I would take him for sure if he is there with our 1st pick after you put it that way.
Originally posted by tohara3:

That is a perfect comparison. I would take him for sure if he is there with our 1st pick after you put it that way.

Spiller still has a lot to prove if he's going to truly get the Harvin comparison. Harvin's receiving workouts in the offseason blew teams away. Spiller is more of a natural RB than Harvin and he's going to have to prove that he can run routes and make tough catches.

That being said, even as a returner, #2 RB and as a receiver out of the backfield, he's dangerous. Our offense lacks speed and he certainly has that.

WTF? Test out as a WR like Harvin did? Harvin actually played receiver.

Or are you trying to say you want to convert Spiller to receiver?
Originally posted by genus49:

yes, i agree him.. Spiller look good that fast speed and talent dodge are like WR and KR are better than RB.... ur eyes are bust urself..
[ Edited by BuZzB28 on Nov 19, 2009 at 9:23 AM ]
Originally posted by BuZzB28:

yes, i agree him.. Spiller look good that fast speed and talent dodge are like WR and KR are better than RB.... ur eyes are bust urself..

werd

Harvin was a Wide Receiver that carried A LOT.
Originally posted by tohara3:

Spiller still has a lot to prove if he's going to truly get the Harvin comparison. Harvin's receiving workouts in the offseason blew teams away. Spiller is more of a natural RB than Harvin and he's going to have to prove that he can run routes and make tough catches.

That being said, even as a returner, #2 RB and as a receiver out of the backfield, he's dangerous. Our offense lacks speed and he certainly has that.

He would be great as our returner & #2 RB. He seems to have enough recieving skills to start in the backfield & split out in our new spread offense. He would be a matchup nightmare with his speed.

PLEASE LET US DRAFT C.J. SPILLER!!!
[ Edited by PTulini on Nov 20, 2009 at 9:56 PM ]
He's at it again today!

Yeah, Harvin was a WR, but he carried the ball more often than he caught it. He was a playmaker and they just got the ball to him anyway they could. Coming out, there were huge doubts about his ability to be a pure WR. Harvin's athleticism shined through and he really impressed scouts. I think Spiller has the possibility to do the same. I think most teams are curious what he can do out of the backfield.

I'm not saying Spiller should move to WR. He's a complete RB, IMO. However, he's going to go pretty early on draft day and if we're going to be looking at him seriously, I feel that he's going to have to prove that he can slide out of the backfield and have an impact as a receiver. With Gore and Coffee (3rd Rd, last year), I doubt we'd go select another RB that early unless he proves that he can do more than just backup Gore and double as a returner.
Spiller is a stud as a receiver. Our coaches have said he's probably been the most talented receiver on the team during his career. He's a true RB, but he's also a natural WR, if that makes sense. He has velvet hands and is very adept at highpointing the ball when it isn't put in his breadbasket.

I was there yesterday to see him run down The Hill one last time and get a curtain call as he left the game alongside his friend Jacoby Ford. Awesome moments:

Originally posted by TheBlueHell:
Spiller is a stud as a receiver. Our coaches have said he's probably been the most talented receiver on the team during his career. He's a true RB, but he's also a natural WR, if that makes sense. He has velvet hands and is very adept at highpointing the ball when it isn't put in his breadbasket.

I was there yesterday to see him run down The Hill one last time and get a curtain call as he left the game alongside his friend Jacoby Ford. Awesome moments:

Great to hear. I really hope we draft this kid!
Share 49ersWebzone