There are 136 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

CJ Spiller

Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
Originally posted by dlance:
Hester was a second round pick 57 if they are going to draft spiller at pick 49 to retuner kicks great but at 13 they have more pressing needs. yes he would help the kicking game but in 2 or 3 yr when he is a starter they are not going to want him retruning kick any more. Like now that Hester is a starting WR they don't want him KR anymore. why because if he get hurt KR you loss a starting WR. I hope they draft someone later in the draft that can be there 3erd WR and KR/PR.

Yeah and Spiller is a heck of a RB who also catches the ball really well while Hester was just a return man.

It sound like you really like him. I Like him as a player too but I'm not even sure they would play him. If they Go shootgun as there primary formation are they going to go to a 3 WR set or like last yr are they going to be in 2 TE 2 WR 1 RB??? If they are in a 3 WR is spiller going to be the one of the top 3 WR is he better then Hill and Jones. is he going to start and gore going to the bench. i don't think there is any chance of that happening. If the OL is not fix he is going to be able to do much because the ol sucks. there is no lane to run though and the QB has not time. I don't think they should draft someone at 13 to RK i think they need to draft a full time start if that is an OL, DB, or If they see spiller as a starter then ok I could see it happening. But if he is a start he probably would not be returning kicks

[ Edited by dlance on Mar 30, 2010 at 12:32:21 ]
Anyone who bases Spiller's punt return abilities on his average is missing two major points:

1. His averages improved on a yearly basis.

2. People absolutely quit punting the ball to him this year.

Some of you may have seen this clip before. It's 85000 people screaming "C.J....Spiller" at Clemson. While it's true that this was his last game, the reason that the crowd was chanting at that particular point was because our defense had just sacked Virginia all the way back to the goalline, so everyone knew that UVA would have to actually punt him (or Jacoby) the ball. People honestly had quit doing that and voluntarily would kick the ball out of bounds to avoid giving him touches. I was there, and everyone was just so ready to see someone have to punt to him.

Because he is the best gamebreaker in the draft. The most explosive guy.

~ Have you seen the impact of Reggie Bush when healthy?

~ Have you seen the impact of Chris Johnson?
I've been slow to warm to the guy cause of his size, but I'm on the bandwagon now.

Takeo sez he's a two for one guy: RB and KR.

I think he's a three for one guy: RB, WR (slot) and KR.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

Both have elite offensive lines we have bottom 5 OL unlike is they know the priorities and that having an at least avg OL is more important then a RB especially since he will be our backup
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

C.J. Spiller has set 26 school records. He is the only Clemson player to ever produce 100-yard games four ways - rushing, receiving, punt returns and kickoff returns. He is also the first player in ACC history and the fifth player in FBS history to reach 7,000 all-purpose yards. (Even while sharing the load with Davis) He has more career all-purpose yards than three previous Heisman winners - Tim Brown of Notre Dame, Desmond Howard of Michigan and Reggie Bush of Southern California.

TD Stats:
06 Pass(2), Rush(10), PR(O), KR(0), 72 Total Points
07 Pass(2), Rush(3), PR(0), KR(2), 42 Total Points
08 Pass(3), Rush(7), PR(0), KR(1), 66 Total Points
09 Pass(4), Rush(12), PR(1), KR(4), and a whopping 128 Total here!!!!!!!

Out of these TDs, most were over 40 yards with many being over 80! 12 frickin TDs over 60 yards just in this page alone!

This fool scores!

That's why the man crush!

It is as simple as that...at least for me! And, hell yes he's worth it!!!

[ Edited by ninertico on Mar 30, 2010 at 14:30:57 ]
Originally posted by TheBlueHell:
Anyone who bases Spiller's punt return abilities on his average is missing two major points:

1. His averages improved on a yearly basis.

2. People absolutely quit punting the ball to him this year.

Some of you may have seen this clip before. It's 85000 people screaming "C.J....Spiller" at Clemson. While it's true that this was his last game, the reason that the crowd was chanting at that particular point was because our defense had just sacked Virginia all the way back to the goalline, so everyone knew that UVA would have to actually punt him (or Jacoby) the ball. People honestly had quit doing that and voluntarily would kick the ball out of bounds to avoid giving him touches. I was there, and everyone was just so ready to see someone have to punt to him.

I want him to play for SF just so I can hear that chant
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Quote:
Q: Is it important for you to sign a contract before training camp begins July 29? And do you think that you will sign before camp?
A: I let my agent handle all of that. We're not going to rush. We're going to make sure we cross our T's and dot our I's, however long the process takes. I just have to be patient. I can't get antsy about the situation. I've talked to a lot of veteran guys. My teammates aren't concerned about me holding out. They know that I want to be there, but at the end of the day it's a business. You have to do what's best for your family. It was good to get that support from veteran guys already — before negotiations have heated up.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/2010-07-12/bills-rb-cj-spiller-all-i-need-for-my-legs-stay-warm-and-my-feet

^^^^interesting
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jreff22:
^^^^interesting

Had we drafted him could you imagine Niner Talk right now ?
Originally posted by KRS-1:
^^^^interesting

Originally posted by valrod33:
^^^^interesting

I know deep down inside you wanted him
  • KRS-1
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:
^^^^interesting

I know you wanted to be deep down inside him

Fixed.