LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 205 users in the forums

CJ Spiller

Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I know this is all wishful thinking, but what if we drafted Eric Berry and CJ Spiller in the 1st round? That would be an amazing draft on its own. Then draft Mike Lupati in the 2nd, Dan Williams in the 3rd, and Selvish Capers in the 4th (even though I doubt he falls that far).

That's very high for Williams, a guy that figures to be a 7th-UDFA pickup. Capers is a day one talent as well. Highly unlikely, as stated, for him to even make it past the 2nd.

Dan Williams as a 7th? Isn't he rated as the 5th best DT in this upcoming draft?

I wouldn't be mad about Berry & Spiller.

If we drafted those two and Lupati in the 2nd, that's an A+ right there.
Originally posted by tohara3:
I know this is all wishful thinking, but what if we drafted Eric Berry and CJ Spiller in the 1st round? That would be an amazing draft on its own. Then draft Mike Lupati in the 2nd, Dan Williams in the 3rd, and Selvish Capers in the 4th (even though I doubt he falls that far).

That's very high for Williams, a guy that figures to be a 7th-UDFA pickup. Capers is a day one talent as well. Highly unlikely, as stated, for him to even make it past the 2nd.

Dan Williams as a 7th? Isn't he rated as the 5th best DT in this upcoming draft?

I wouldn't be mad about Berry & Spiller.

If we drafted those two and Lupati in the 2nd, that's an A+ right there.

Agreed

Definitely not -- He was a mid-to-late guy to start the year and little has changed. The top DT's going into this draft right now figure to be:

Suh, Arthur Jones, Cody, Jared Odrick, and Oghobaase, with the top underclassmen being Marvin Austin and Gerald McCoy.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran

Definitely not -- He was a mid-to-late guy to start the year and little has changed. The top DT's going into this draft right now figure to be:

Suh, Arthur Jones, Cody, Jared Odrick, and Oghobaase, with the top underclassmen being Marvin Austin and Gerald McCoy.

Alualu?
scott wright has alualu ranked 6th in dt's here

i'm a cal fan and he plays pretty hard but i'm not a good judge of lineman
Originally posted by GEEK:

Alualu?

He's right after Ogho, but I wouldn't necessarily say he's "behind" him. I gave my top 5, but Alualu is right up there with Ogho as well as Louisiana Tech's D'Anthony Smith and Purdue's rising Mike Neal right behind.
seem's like Mr Gore is starting to wear down
maybe we should take a looooong look at Spiller
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:

did u guys see the game he had against miami?
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teeohh:

He has played a ton better since Cal moved to the 3-4. He has a great motor. He will be a soild pro.

But for the original topic.......CJ Spiller is the s**t. I would love to have him on our squad.

But dammit we need to draft a o-lineman.
Originally posted by thuglife619:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:

did u guys see the game he had against miami?

He was just electric everywhere on the field! Was an awesome game.

Originally posted by NickV:
Originally posted by teeohh:

He has played a ton better since Cal moved to the 3-4. He has a great motor. He will be a soild pro.

But for the original topic.......CJ Spiller is the s**t. I would love to have him on our squad.

But dammit we need to draft a o-lineman.

We do indeed, but it isn't unrealistic to think that we go OT with Panthers pick, playermaker like Spiller with the 2nd first round pick and then go Guard or Pass Rusher in the 2nd and 3rd round. Guards rarely go in the first round. And we can pick up some depth in the later rounds. So if there is some playmaker out there like Spiller that Singletary or Scott thinks will help us, it wouldn't be a bad idea to nab him with our 2nd first round pick only if we go OT with our first pick.
In case anyone missed it, Spiller just had another 300+ total yardage game versus the Noles. What made it all the more impressive was that he was visibly below 100% tonight with a case of turf toe and a lower leg issue. He still rushed for 160+ yards and had a 54 yard TD reception. Kid is a monster.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Spiller is a stud, but a RB is not needed in the first round.
Originally posted by Hopper:

I wouldn't be too sure about that. The average running back is good for 5 years. Frank will hit that next year and he has taken a beating ever since Norv left. I don't think Coffee is the answer and we still need playmakers. Spiller would provide that Wow! factor to our offense and give the defense soemone to fear with his gamebreaking ability.
Originally posted by E-49er:
Originally posted by Hopper:

I wouldn't be too sure about that. The average running back is good for 5 years. Frank will hit that next year and he has taken a beating ever since Norv left. I don't think Coffee is the answer and we still need playmakers. Spiller would provide that Wow! factor to our offense and give the defense soemone to fear with his gamebreaking ability.

Completely agree! I want Spiller more & more every week,. This guy just gets it done from everywhere on the field, running back, split out wide, in the slot, punt & kick returns. He had a awesome game against FSU last nite. If he is on the board when the 49ers are ready to pick they will have to take a long & hard look at him.
Share 49ersWebzone