There are 76 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

CJ Spiller

Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
If we sign Fargas then roll out the suicide watch thread for the CJ Spiller and Jahvid Best bandwagoners.

and ryan matthews

Im a big Ryan Matthews fan as well.

he is going to the chargers
Originally posted by valrod33:
If we sign Fargas then roll out the suicide watch thread for the CJ Spiller and Jahvid Best bandwagoners.

and ryan matthews

That's where I have him projected to go too.

and ryan matthews

its a prefect fit

and ryan matthews

its a prefect fit

not if he goes to us first
I have a feeling that the Seahawks are going to go hard after Spiller. I really hope not
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
I have a feeling that the Seahawks are going to go hard after Spiller. I really hope not

I really don't know considering Pete Carroll prefers having multiple backs. The Seahawks also need more help on the o-line and defense. I can see him going after McKnight in the 2nd round.

I really don't know considering Pete Carroll prefers having multiple backs. The Seahawks also need more help on the o-line and defense. I can see him going after McKnight in the 2nd round.

well, he does have his usc guys so he could go with him.

They brought sprolles back though, why would they have two of the same kind of player?

Sprolles and spiller are the same type of player, it wouldn't be a good pick for them. Talent wise, yes, but he wouldn't do that much for the team because his role would be inhibited by sprolles responsibilities.
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:

well, he does have his usc guys so he could go with him.

They brought sprolles back though, why would they have two of the same kind of player?

Sprolles and spiller are the same type of player, it wouldn't be a good pick for them. Talent wise, yes, but he wouldn't do that much for the team because his role would be inhibited by sprolles responsibilities.

Huh? We're talking about the Seahawks, not the Chargers. Sproles is with the Chargers. Pete Carroll is the coach of the Seahawks LOL.

As I've said before, if SEA trades for Marshall, then they really have no choice but to go OL with their other 1st rounder. That leaves CLE, MIA, DEN, and mayyyybe OAK or BUF. I could see any and all of these teams bypassing Spiller for a pressing need in a very deep first round. He could very well be there at 17. Having said that, another team could easily trade up to snag him if he lasts that long.

I agree. But if we don't sign him, it at least shows us that the team is looking to upgrade the RB position...which could mean CJ or maybe another RB in the 2nd.
Originally posted by Leathaface:

I agree. But if we don't sign him, it at least shows us that the team is looking to upgrade the RB position...which could mean CJ or maybe another RB in the 2nd.

Mccluster at 3rd pick is better value than spiller at 1st round JMO
I will be absolutely shocked if McCloughan drafts Spiller.

I just don't see that there's any chance happening.

-9fA
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:

Yeah signing a 30 year old runnin back who doesnt add another dimention to our running game would suck. I would much rather pick SPiller or Best. But I'd be fine if we traded for Leon Washington instead.
Bills line up meeting with C.J. Spiller
Posted by Mike Florio on March 9, 2010 8:10 AM ET
Nearly three years after the Buffalo Bills added running back Marshawn Lynch in the first round of the NFL draft, the Bills could be considering a return visit to the position in 2010.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the Bills have lined up a visit with Clemson running back C.J. Spiller for next week.

We're also told that Spiller will participate in the Clemson Pro Day workout, running position drills and cone drills. It's presently unknown whether he'll rest on his 40-yard dash from the Scouting Combine, which generated an official time of 4.37 seconds, slower than both the unofficial number and the times measured by multiple scouts in attendance.

Though some regard the running back position as fungible, with few tailbacks sufficiently special to merit a high draft pick, Spiller could be regarded as an exception. [u]There's already talk that the 49ers could try to move into the top ten in order to get him.[/u]
Then again, the last thing that anyone will ever admit to at this time of the year is the truth.