There are 97 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

CJ Spiller

Originally posted by FL9er:
This thread (actually all of the CJ Spiller threads) is funny. I'm willing to go on record that the 49ers will not draft him. If I'm wrong I will never post here again. You can hold me to it.

OK?
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
This thread (actually all of the CJ Spiller threads) is funny. I'm willing to go on record that the 49ers will not draft him. If I'm wrong I will never post here again. You can hold me to it.

OK?

say it aint so, say it aint so!!!!
I was confused with all the Spiller love early on, I mean why draft a RB with one of our 1sts?

But watching the highlights and seeing what he has done in college I have completely and unequivocally climbed aboard the C.J. Spiller man-crush bandwagon. For someone to have accumulated the 2nd most all purpose yardage in NCAA HISTORY while sharing carries for most of the time is just ridiculous. He has more than just simply speed, he has electrifying playmaking skills that are very rare.

We can talk all we want about him here, why we should take him, why we will or won't, but it all comes down to Scotty Mc. He's seen the tape, he knows our needs, and he's watched our return game struggle and contribute to our losses as well as see Frank get injured every year for stretches because we've had no one that's provided an adequate change of pace. I don't think we take him at 13, but if he is still there at 17, well, I think based on C.J.'s value and everything that has been lacking with what I just mentioned, I find it hard to believe that Spiller won't be wearing a niner cap come draft day.

I have your back brother.

The 49ers got Crabtree last year.
Originally posted by IDontGetNaked:

I have your back brother.

The 49ers got Crabtree last year.

Same thing happened last year,
These same post were all over the place before and after the combine!
After it was all said and done we still got Crabtree and the people still post, no biggie, just don't say it can't happen
i would love to get cj spiller but seems like mccoughlin is not on our cj bandwagon
Originally posted by 49ersswagger:
i would love to get cj spiller but seems like mccoughlin is not on our cj bandwagon

hes just not trying to show the world his cards
Sorry zoners for starting this thread it's all my fault lol.
Originally posted by thuglife619:
Sorry zoners for starting this thread it's all my fault lol.

You can't be south county thug life and apologize
I think if this deal between Marshall and Seattle goes down, it makes our chances at Spiller at #17 a stronger possibility. Just a thought.

-Dom
I'm also a fan of drafting Spiller for a variety of reasons. We Niner fans know that opposing defenses would crowd the box waiting for Gore to run up the gut. Adding Spiller to the mix changes how defenses play us dramatically. That extra safety now has to become a spy to account for Spiller's home run abilities.

A player like Spiller gives us so many NEW options. We can line him up with Frank and run screen plays, flank him out into the slot, line him up at WR etc. Ever since Bill Walsh left, the Niners lost the ability to be unpredictable. Spiller adds this dimension.

We also get him for punt returns and kickoffs.

I still think we need to take him with the first pick because he won't last to #17. So I'll say Spiller at #13 and Trent Williams or Brian Bulaga with #17.
I'm hearing one mock draft has him going #6 to seattle

link

Oh jeez, what a controversial post.

We're picking 2 times in the first 48 picks, saying there's someone we're NOT going to pick isn't exactly going out on a limb.
Spiller is gonna be an awesome pro. Frank won't be too happy with us taking another RB in the draft
Okay after reading TeamByTheBay's trade proposal, I just have to ask something. Why do people get such a boner for Spiller? Honestly, people are acting as if he is the messiah or something.