There are 174 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

CJ Spiller

Pfft, Mays is faster than Spiller. Might as well draft him and covert him to HB.
do you really feel comfortbale putting a first rd pick out there returning kicks and punts I keep thinking of how jason sehorn was at one time one of the better cornerbacks in football, and the giants put him back returning kickoffs...and he blew his knee out in an exhibition game returning a kickoff....
Originally posted by hofer36:
do you really feel comfortbale putting a first rd pick out there returning kicks and punts I keep thinking of how jason sehorn was at one time one of the better cornerbacks in football, and the giants put him back returning kickoffs...and he blew his knee out in an exhibition game returning a kickoff....

if you remember paul h'ers career....injuries happen.

Ask Gayle Sayers.
You're right. Returning kicks only isn't worth wasting a first but throw in punts, spot back that can creat mismatches...
Originally posted by Joecool:
You're right. Returning kicks only isn't worth wasting a first but throw in punts, spot back that can creat mismatches...

As stated his value is more than just returning kicks.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
I've watched his highlights before and I knew the guy was fast and shifty. But two things jumped out at me in that video.

1. He is a much better receiver than I expected. Several times in there he catches passes seamlessly way down field. With opposing teams already having to account for VD's down field speed, how the hell are they going to cover Spiller on a fly route?

2. That last play where he just pushes through 3 or 4 tacklers and breaks out for a TD. That's the kind of thing you see from Chris Johnson, an amazing ability to spin, juke, and power through defenders without slowing down. There are a lot of guys who can run fast in a straight line. But very few who make moves like that at full speed.

Spiller is a natural receiver with perfect hands and perfect instincts for going up and catching imperfectly thrown balls as well as the perfect ones that he runs under without breaking stride.

Watch this GIF all the way through until you get to the middle section with a couple of his receptions in a row:

That 40 time at the combine is still a joke. They docked him because he supposedly dipped his hips or moved his hands or something else stupid. He's a low 4.3-4.2 40 guy all day long, and he plays with the kind of speed nobody except Chris Johnson and Desean Jackson in the NFL has. Spiller has the best acceleration I've ever seen at the collegiate level. He really does need just one step and it's over.
CJ Spiller is MR. BASEBALL!!!!!
52 Career TDs
21 Career TDs over 50 yards

Home Run threat with every touch

NUFF SAID!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by solidg2000:
52 Career TDs

NUFF SAID!!!!!!!!!!

this

(I wanted Willis--some wanted Carriker. I want Spiller--some want an OT. Speed kills. Playmaker >>>>> than trench hog...who we pick up at 17 anyway)
52 Career TDs

NUFF SAID!!!!!!!!!!

Did Morgan whiff?
Originally posted by endz0ne:
52 Career TDs

NUFF SAID!!!!!!!!!!

this

(I wanted Willis--some wanted Carriker. I want Spiller--some want an OT. Speed kills. Playmaker >>>>> than trench hog...who we pick up at 17 anyway)

some wanted Troy williamson, heyward-bey, Ted ginn, Darren mcfadden....their speed did a lot. Can't be sure 1 of the top 4 OTs will be there at 17
Originally posted by noobie:
Originally posted by endz0ne:
52 Career TDs

NUFF SAID!!!!!!!!!!

this

some wanted Troy williamson, heyward-bey, Ted ginn, Darren mcfadden....their speed did a lot. Can't be sure 1 of the top 4 OTs will be there at 17

Troy Williamson--14 TD's in college.
Darrius Heyward-Bey--13 TD's in college.
Ted Ginn--23 TD's in college.
Darren McFadden--43 TD's in college.

I think you're missing solidg's point...52 career TD's, 21 over 50 yds. That's a play maker who, if he stays healthy, unlike McFadden, can make far more of a difference than an OT--and I'm a big fan of improving our O-line, I just think play makers are worth more in terms of victories. That's why we chose Crabtree over an O-lineman when he fell to us last year, isn't it? I'd love to have Michael Oher, but I think Crabs can help us more in the long run. Spiller, too.
Originally posted by TheBlueHell:
I've watched his highlights before and I knew the guy was fast and shifty. But two things jumped out at me in that video.

1. He is a much better receiver than I expected. Several times in there he catches passes seamlessly way down field. With opposing teams already having to account for VD's down field speed, how the hell are they going to cover Spiller on a fly route?

2. That last play where he just pushes through 3 or 4 tacklers and breaks out for a TD. That's the kind of thing you see from Chris Johnson, an amazing ability to spin, juke, and power through defenders without slowing down. There are a lot of guys who can run fast in a straight line. But very few who make moves like that at full speed.

Spiller is a natural receiver with perfect hands and perfect instincts for going up and catching imperfectly thrown balls as well as the perfect ones that he runs under without breaking stride.

Watch this GIF all the way through until you get to the middle section with a couple of his receptions in a row:

That 40 time at the combine is still a joke. They docked him because he supposedly dipped his hips or moved his hands or something else stupid. He's a low 4.3-4.2 40 guy all day long, and he plays with the kind of speed nobody except Chris Johnson and Desean Jackson in the NFL has. Spiller has the best acceleration I've ever seen at the collegiate level. He really does need just one step and it's over.

Wow. Those are some nice catches. Dude's got better hands than some of our WRs.... (okay, maybe that's overstating it)

Every time I watch him, I don't see a small back that can't survive the NFL. The guy looks like he could put on a few pounds and be an every down back.

The Titans didn't they needed, or were getting an every down back when they drafted Chris Johnson. I'm just saying...

True but the already ha ine of the best OL in the league just sayin

Wow. Those are some nice catches. Dude's got better hands than some of our WRs.... (okay, maybe that's overstating it)

Every time I watch him, I don't see a small back that can't survive the NFL. The guy looks like he could put on a few pounds and be an every down back.

The Titans didn't they needed, or were getting an every down back when they drafted Chris Johnson. I'm just saying...

Chris Johnson > Spiller. I'm just saying.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
This thread (actually all of the CJ Spiller threads) is funny. I'm willing to go on record that the 49ers will not draft him. If I'm wrong I will never post here again. You can hold me to it.