There are 124 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

CJ Spiller

Originally posted by vermonator:
Originally posted by Nes49:
After watching him in the combine...I gotta say that if/should he drop to us....get get him.

I agree, but the real question is, will McClaughan take him with the 13th or 17th pick? McClaughan stated his “philosophy” for the record that he is only interested in taking "big men" in the first round. Spiller, albeit, is no small guy but is 5'11", 196lbs big enough for McClaughan. You can argue intangibles all you want but when your GM has a rigid philosophy and is unwilling to compromise, we are all bound by his decisions, good or bad.

McC also said that he wouldn't rule out a change of pace back that can return kicks.
CJ SPILLER
Originally posted by ninertico:

4.47 or 4.37 or 4.27...I don't give a rat's azz...

THAT IS FOOTBALL Break-away SPEED RIGHT THERE!!

I can't wait for football season to start.
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:

Alright...I'm hooked...I WANT THIS GUY ON OUR TEAM!!!!...IF ALEX COMES AROUND 100%, WE WILL HAVE A HIGH-POWERED, VERSATILE OFFENSE!!!
Originally posted by 804Niner:

Alright...I'm hooked...I WANT THIS GUY ON OUR TEAM!!!!...IF ALEX COMES AROUND 100%, WE WILL HAVE A HIGH-POWERED, VERSATILE OFFENSE!!!

uh not to be too much of a hater or anything but i dont think all those mistakes
are gonna happen in the nfl

however you are right about the breakaway speed he does play faster than a 4.37
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

uh not to be too much of a hater or anything but i dont think all those mistakes

MIstakes? I think that Spiller the Thriller had a bit to do with that don't you think?
Originally posted by ttime1:

MIstakes? I think that Spiller the Thriller had a bit to do with that don't you think?

sorry meant misstackles and i count 3 that an average nfl player wouldve made

I think Parys H would of agreed until he faced the other CJ this last season

Sorry, but I have to agree. That wont happen in the NFL often. I saw a ton of bad angles, one arm tackles, break down in coverage and holes that he surely wont get from the Niners Oline.

I'm not saying the kid wont do well in the NFL, but I'd be more impressed if he was breaking tackles rather than running untouched. He's not CJ fast.

I'm sorry, but I'm just tainted. I've seen too many college highlight reels like these to get overly excited. You could of done the same thing with McFadden, C.Benson, Williams and even Bush for that matter, who from my perspective seemed far more dynamic than what I've seen from Spiller.

[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Mar 1, 2010 at 21:21:06 ]

o i only saw the first touchdown btw i meant 3 misstackles in the first video there are a bunch in the whole video

also im not saying hes a bad player but hes definitally not top 15 talent would love to get him with the 17th pick but i would not draft him in the 13th at all

[ Edited by 49ersalldaway126 on Mar 1, 2010 at 21:30:07 ]

o i only saw the first touchdown btw i meant 3 misstackles in the first video there are a bunch in the whole video

also im not saying hes a bad player but hes definitally not top 15 talent would love to get him with the 17th pick but i would not draft him in the 13th at all

Being the only player in the history of the NCAA suggest otherwise. But hey, everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Being the only player in the history of the NCAA suggest otherwise. But hey, everyone is entitled to an opinion.

that video is no better than the Best, Mathews, McCluster videos! not at all!
I've watched his highlights before and I knew the guy was fast and shifty. But two things jumped out at me in that video.

1. He is a much better receiver than I expected. Several times in there he catches passes seamlessly way down field. With opposing teams already having to account for VD's down field speed, how the hell are they going to cover Spiller on a fly route?

2. That last play where he just pushes through 3 or 4 tacklers and breaks out for a TD. That's the kind of thing you see from Chris Johnson, an amazing ability to spin, juke, and power through defenders without slowing down. There are a lot of guys who can run fast in a straight line. But very few who make moves like that at full speed.
He is Joe Montana if he were a running back.
Originally posted by wailers15:

that video is no better than the Best, Mathews, McCluster videos! not at all!

Then get some glasses. I keeeeeed...

...but seriously, I have been wanting a RS for the last five years so I have paid careful attention to these guys. Spiller IS different in terms of how he positions himself before making a cut and accelerating to the house.

He's better than Maclin, Harvin, Jackson, and some others. I love Best because he shows the same kind of "stop on a dime" characteristics, the same with Hester and CJ. However, the thing that separates Spiller is that he can do it like that in all four phases in which he would be used:RB/WR/KR/PR.

All the others can do it in one of some of their phases, but not all. Oddly enough, Johnson is the only one who comes close because he IS doing it in the NFL...he just doesn't return as much anymore.

So Spiller is different and would an incredible asset. Just like someone said, how are Ds going to cover Davis going down the middle and Spiller on a fly route....

...yea, good luck covering that!

JMTC...