There are 244 users in the forums

CJ Spiller

Never!

You draft from your draft board, period. NM who's drafting next. Take YOUR guy!

If Spiller lands in Seattle it will be major set back, we'll be victims of all the big plays that should have been ours. No question Spiller is a top ten talent, we shouldn't allow Seattle to benefit from him falling.
Originally posted by GMniner805:
If Spiller lands in Seattle it will be major set back, we'll be victims of all the big plays that should have been ours. No question Spiller is a top ten talent, we shouldn't allow Seattle to benefit from him falling.

I'm sorry I don't buy that. There will be teams this year that will effectively diffuse
Chris Johnson and find a way to stop him. If the player doesn't fit your teams need, you do not have to draft him just to prevent another team within your division from having him.

Can you imagine teams just drafting at will to prevent someone else within your division from having a special player that you really don't need? I guess you can, their called the Detroit Lions.

I'm not saying we shouldn't draft Spiller but you have to have a fit for him to make it worth while.
I'm surprised that the 'Hawks would take Spiller. They have Forsett, who's a quick little change of pace back. If they were going to target a RB, it seems that someone like Jonathan Dwyer, Ryan Matthews, Lagerrette Blount, or even Gerhart would be better options?

Who knows, maybe they do want two diminutive little speedsters. But it seems like they could wait and get better value later.
Not sure what Im tired of reading more of: spiller and his crazy game changing speed for our offense or mock drafts that take spiller at 13 and Trent williams at 16
I would rather not have him with Seattle. However I think the most compelling reason to have him is he can help us.
The only way there going to draft spiller at 13 is if they see him as the third WR that they can put at RB 5 to 8 times a game plus KR/PR. And I don't think that will happen. How many times last yr where they in 3 WR ? they ran 2 WR 2 TE 1 RB much more.
That would be stupid rationale for drafting Spiller or anybody else for that matter. We should be drafting players that improve our team and improve our chances of winning the Super Bowl.

Personally I am not all that concerned about Spiller landing on another team, Seattle included. Seattle has enough problems of their own and Spiller is not the missing piece of the puzzle for them. They are several players away from seriously contending.

If we choose not to draft Spiller there are several other options for return men, including Jacoby Ford, Javier Arenas.

If we come out of this draft with an upgraded OL and improve our DB depth, particulary safety and preferably a DB that can also return kicks and punts.. Then I'll be a happy camper.

[ Edited by DaveWilcox on Feb 25, 2010 at 17:01:11 ]

Your absolutely right. If the Hawks draft Spiller we should just forfite the NFC West. In fact, we should cancel our 2 games against them so we can rest our guys so maybe we are lucky enough to get into the playoffs through a wildcard.

Clearly, Spiller isn't like the other "cant miss" prospects of years past.....
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Your absolutely right. If the Hawks draft Spiller we should just forfite the NFC West. In fact, we should cancel our 2 games against them so we can rest our guys so maybe we are lucky enough to get into the playoffs through a wildcard.

seriously and how is he a top 10 talent? He only got over 1000 yds 1 in his senior year I think he is waaaay overrated on this board

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

seriously and how is he a top 10 talent? He only got over 1000 yds 1 in his senior year I think he is waaaay overrated on this board

Oh,,He's top 10. With NCAA records as a part time back? BUt I tell you what I like about him other than his speed, versatility and play making ability. The kid is tough. He throws Walter Peyton stiff-arms!

[ Edited by ttime1 on Feb 25, 2010 at 20:42:48 ]
Originally posted by ttime1:

Oh,,He's top 10. With NCAA records as a part time back? BUt I tell you what I like about him other than his speed, versatility and play making ability. The kid is tough. He throws Walter Peyton stiff-arms!

Come on, that's just silly. He's not that physical of a back.
Say good-bye to the 49ers chances of drafting CJ Spiller.
Originally posted by PTulini:
Say good-bye to the 49ers chances of drafting CJ Spiller.

Oh good.
Originally posted by ttime1:

he is not physical at all ya hes fast and everything but even with his speed he was only able to get 1000yds 1 time and he is a part time back in college ya ya but WE ARE NOT THE RAIDERS dont draft a guy just on pure speed look at the games. The only thing he really excells in is KR and lets face it drafting a guy to be our KR in top 15 is stupid
Share 49ersWebzone