LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

CJ Spiller

Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Originally posted by teeohh:
Originally posted by thuglife619:
I dont think he will last untill our 2nd 1st round pick.

if jahvid enters it will be interesting to see where they both go

i think jahvid is more electric... but spiller looks bigger and a little stronger. either of those two would be f**king fantastic. as i see good teams compared to ours -- we lack the speed that makes defenses honest. with either of these two or an extremely fast WR it would at least make the D think twice before moving close into the box

Is Spiller the better all around guy? I haven't watched him. And Cal doesn't know how to use Best, I think he used to return kicks
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
I dont think he will last untill our 2nd 1st round pick.

if jahvid enters it will be interesting to see where they both go

i think jahvid is more electric... but spiller looks bigger and a little stronger. either of those two would be f**king fantastic. as i see good teams compared to ours -- we lack the speed that makes defenses honest. with either of these two or an extremely fast WR it would at least make the D think twice before moving close into the box

Is Spiller the better all around guy? I haven't watched him. And Cal doesn't know how to use Best, I think he used to return kicks

I think Spiller is the better all-around player. You have to consider that he and Reggie Bush are the only NCAA players to ever compile 2500 rushing yards, 1500 kickoff return yards, 1000 yards receiving, and 500 punt return yards in a career. That says alot about his versatility.

I think Best might be a better pure runner, as I like his vision. Both are sick in open space, no doubt.
Someone put together a reel with all 19 of Spiller's 50+ yard plays in his career:

for what kind of team we want to be Spiller is perfect. He will be for us what Chris Johnson has been for the Titans.
We need SPEED BIG TIME! It's not just RG, LG, RT like is said so many times on this page. I agree he can be our version of the Titans Chris Johnson. I would be far from disappointed if we drafted him.

We have a bunch of players who get caught in the open field from behind. Winning teams have GAME BREAKERS. Who can you actually say is a game breaker on the 49ers? Please name one.... Especially with our under talented QB's some speed and game breaking ability would really help this offense.

IMO he should be high up the list of potential picks. Not only "potential" picks but maybe make a move and actually pick him.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Oct 15, 2009 at 15:45:33 ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We need SPEED BIG TIME! It's not just RG, LG, RT like is said so many times on this page. I agree he can be our version of the Titans Chris Johnson. I would be far from disappointed if we drafted him.

We have a bunch of players who get caught in the open field from behind. Winning teams have GAME BREAKERS. Who can you actually say is a game breaker on the 49ers? Please name one.... Especially with our under talented QB's some speed and game breaking ability would really help this offense.

IMO he should be high up the list of potential picks. Not only "potential" picks but maybe make a move and actually pick him.

+1

plus sing likes to run the ball a grip. You would get a perfect complimentary back to gore, a gamebraker that can take it to the house on any play, KR and PR all in one.
reminds me of leon washongton
there goes spiller 66yd td run vs wake man that guy is fast.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
reminds me of leon washongton

he looks way more stocky than leon
there goes spiller 66yd td run vs wake man that guy is fast.

Yep, that was his 20th play of 50 yards or more. He planted his foot in the hole, shifted directions, and left a group of defenders in the dust.

• Ether
  • Veteran
Why has he never gotten over 1000 yards in 1 season? His closest was 930 something, everything else has been 600, 700 yards...
nm
[ Edited by ads_2006 on Oct 17, 2009 at 2:55 PM ]
Originally posted by Ether:
Why has he never gotten over 1000 yards in 1 season? His closest was 930 something, everything else has been 600, 700 yards...

He shared the ball with Browns rookie James Davis, and Clemson's OL has only been good for one of his seasons (the one where he had 930 and Davis had 1000 himself). This is the first season he's been the #1 back there.
I want Spiller with the second pick, and OL with the first

make it happen captain!
I want Spiller with the second pick, and OL with the first

make it happen captain!

If spiller with the second round pick then would be great a steal..
[ Edited by BuZzB28 on Oct 17, 2009 at 4:24 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone