LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

Toby Gerhart is a beast

Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Originally posted by GameOver:
Lets see.. what we DO know is this:
1) You have some incredible jealousy that has resulted in your hatred for this kid
2) Gerhart is doing great both academically and athletically and seems like really a well grounded kid. His siblings have also attended college and seem to be very successful as well. Yet.. you choose to call this a "fking joke of a family"

3) You have no proof whatsoever of performance enhancing substance yet you choose to start a rumor about this with NO facts at all. Trust me.. having one of your buddies from high school try to remember something doesnt count.

4) Gerhart finished his high school career in 2005 at the age of 18. Last I checked most high schoolers do graduate at age 18. Students born in the month of March will not graduate at the age of 17 UNLESS they skip a year. Skip - not be held back.

Why don't you try growing up and reserving your hatred for someone who has been a bad example, done something really wrong, or is a bad human being. Everything I see about Gerhart is the complete opposite of that.

Are...you...s**tTING...me...lol, this is so ridiculous right now

I reserve the right to hate WHOEVER I want for WHATEVER reasons I want...I did not come in here spreading rumors...I came in and just clearly stated I hated him and didn't even mention much else, and then of course, I was asked why and it went from there. I didn't spread any rumors, I answered a damn question as to why i hated him and even clearly said THAT I DO NOT KNOW if the following statements are true so please DO NOT TAKE IT AS FACT OR ANYTHING MORE THAN JUST YOUNG PERSON BULLs**t seeing how this is through the internet and you will obviously never know this s**t for certain unless his past (or for all of your sakes, his "alleged" past in MY eyes) catches up to him, so my reasoning is seen as "ridiculous" to some, seriously, I dont give a f**k, thats why it's MY reasoning and MY opinion and not yours, because Im satisfied by it and you are not...

Ahem, now to address your Four Point Plan..

1. I'm a hater, as ANY hater would, OF COURSE, i have jealousy/envy for the kid, duh...tell me somethin i dont know, i even admitted this earlier in this thread...lol

2. That's actually all your opinion (except for the fact that his siblings attended college) and is as good a fact as me saying that his family is a f**king joke...hell, just by the looks of your diction one can tell that your just stating your opinion "seems like a well grounded kid", of course he SEEMS like a well grounded kid, you only see what the media shows you just as the rest of society does...so I thought this point was kinda funny for you to say, but hey, rock on dude...lol

3. I think I already addressed this with the whole "rumors" nonsense I said earlier...

4. I know it's almost POINTLESS in me responding to this because you are just going to label what I say as "bulls**t to continue to back up my retarded theory that he was held back a year" so I'll just stfu

I thought everyone was entitled to an opinion...there is NO need to come in here and jump on my opinion and then label my opinion as me "spreading rumors"...dude, your just as guilty as me, you just labeled him a scholar and a man from a relatively successful family, how do you know his family? All you see is Garth and him on TV playin college ball, if that is what you see as success, then okh, nvm, thats your opinion and definition of the word success...And yes, he is a bright kid but I only know that from high school, how the hell do you know that? From whatever you probably read on the internet or whatever you see on TV just like you know EVERYTHING else about the kid...in a sense, I feel like i'm not even discussing Toby with you but I'm discussing Toby with the media because you are just regurgitating everything the media says about him and if you don't know the media doesnt KNOW everything...hell, just recently, look at Tiger Woods, oh damn, what happened there?

Hell, how bout you just ask some kids that GO to Stanford and have been able to have ANY contact with this kid and/or his family, especially his dad, THEN come and tell me that I'm spreading s**t...I can even give you contacts of current and former Cardinals if you wanna go down to Palo Alto and socal and do some interviews, please, help yourself brudda

I'm kinda surprised you are spending this much time on me...thats WAY too much to write in response to someone (myself) who is a hater and as a hater, bases all of his hate off 1. jealousy/envy (DUH) 2. personal experience with/around the individual and 3. pure desire/joy to hate individuals/organizations/things...

Anyways, I'm done here, this is pointless, I wish the kid the best of luck going forward as I will continue to hate him until further notice

You son are one sad case.

I got you here, John, cus in all seriousness, GameOver really is out of his mind here. He says that we all feed on to what the media tells us. During Stanford/ND game, I guess everything the commentator said about Toby having 21 hours of school credits despite already completing his classes for his major are all lies or all an "opinion" right? I really don't think ESPN would make up a lie like that just to feed up his draft stock and Heisman stock.

And just to state a "fact" for GameOver...I have an aunt and uncle that works at Stanford and from what they told me, everything they've said about Toby academically is true. Case closed.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Toby claimed on the Dan Patrick show that he can run a 4.4.

If he does that, jaws will drop.

I'm expecting a 4.6 from him, which is still good enough for late 1st-early 2nd.
after watching several highlight videos in the draft forum, i have noticed that everyone (mostly) gets rap music for a soundtrack and gerhart gets metal (awful metal at that). why? why not rap for the marky mark of the RB position?

that is all.
I think, when all is said and done, that Gerhart will end up a third round draftee. Great heart, always falls forward after contact, solid body, intelligent.

However, there is very little wiggle, no breakaway speed, and little ability to be a feature back in an offense. He's a GREAT college back, but I do not think his game translates to starting in the NFL.

However, this is a guy who could be a solid complimentary back in a rotation with a feature back. Maybe an 8-10 carry/game player, who gets a ton of carries in short yardage and goal line situations.

[ Edited by MadDog49er on Dec 3, 2009 at 16:01:26 ]
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I think, when all is said and done, that Gerhart will end up a third round draftee. Great heart, always falls forward after contact, solid body, intelligent.

However, there is very little wiggle, no breakaway speed, and little ability to be a feature back in an offense. He's a GREAT college back, but I do not think his game translates to starting in the NFL.

However, this is a guy who could be a solid complimentary back in a rotation with a feature back. Maybe an 8-10 carry/game player, who gets a ton of carries in short yardage and goal line situations.

Similar to Nick Goings of the Panthers back in the day, paired with Foster.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
White running backs never get the opportunity to be feature backs these days. They decide to "convert" them to fullbacks.

It may not be racism, but it's definitely stereotyping. Peyton Hillis ran for 129 yards last year in one game for the Broncos and is never heard from again.

Pete Carroll did the same thing to Toby Gerhart. He recruited him at USC and then told him that he wanted to convert him to linebacker or fullback, which is why Toby went to Stanford and then ran all over USC a couple weeks ago as a giant middle finger to Carroll.

Gerhart is not a full back, he's not a change of pace bruiser. He's a feature back and he has all the tools to be successful in a pro-style offense where he's getting the majority of the carries.

He should be a first round pick.

Why can Brandon Jacobs be a feature back and Toby Gerhart can't?
I think he is far better than Glen Coffee who was our 3rd rd pick as you all know. I would be very surprised if Gerhart is not a very effective RB (not FB) in the NFL.
I think he is far better than Glen Coffee who was our 3rd rd pick as you all know. I would be very surprised if Gerhart is not a very effective RB (not FB) in the NFL.

I would definitely take Toby over Coffee.
Didn't the Chargers do the same thing to Jacob Hester?
After watching a few Stanford Cardinals games and highlights on ESPN. Do you guys think that Toby Gerhart can be our next Tom Rathman? If we do select him.

Look what I found
Originally posted by jreff22:
Look what I found

Hey thanks for showing me that, I didn't know that it was brought up. Anyhow, he really does remind me of Tom Rathman. A pure blue-collar type of football player, "Nevermind the fame it's all about the game," attitude.
Originally posted by jreff22:
Look what I found

Tom Rathman Jr. period
The Best RB in the Nation (if hes still there in the draft)
with him and Gore in the backfield

OOOOH Man we'll smash

if u dont know who im talkin about

Just Watched This
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RjLh_yO41jw
[ Edited by PWillie52 on Jan 3, 2010 at 5:47 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone