LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 256 users in the forums

Toby Gerhart is a beast

He runs hard but I don't think he is very fast. We will see how he works out and runs. I think there is a place for him but I don't see him going too high in the draft. A huge heart but some limitations. Of course if he proves people wrong at the workouts then maybe he will go high.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
He runs hard but I don't think he is very fast. We will see how he works out and runs. I think there is a place for him but I don't see him going too high in the draft. A huge heart but some limitations. Of course if he proves people wrong at the workouts then maybe he will go high.

As a power back, he'd be a good RB for a team like the Patriots.

I just wonder how many tackles he's going to shed at the NFL level. I want him to succeed though.
Originally posted by GEEK:

I just wonder how many tackles he's going to shed at the NFL level. I want him to succeed though.

He's a pretty "straight lineish" power back running over people. Typically that works well in college but not real well in the NFL. There are some exceptions though.
I noticed this thread was at the top of the Draft Board section, so just pokin my head in to whistle a bit, take some sips of my coffee, and remind people to say...

f**k You To Toby Gerhart

This has been a GameOver Public Service Announcement, Thank You.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GameOver:
I noticed this thread was at the top of the Draft Board section, so just pokin my head in to whistle a bit, take some sips of my coffee, and remind people to say...

f**k You To Toby Gerhart

Why?

f**k You To Toby Gerhart

Why?

Well besides the fact that hes from one of those families that literally breeds their kids to become athletes from the moment they jump outta the wound, he played an extra season of CIF football in HS as a super senior and ended up leading Norco to CIF championship during that 5th year of his...I think it was the only year Norco ended up winning the CIF during his 5 year tenure at Norco...

Thats why i'm mad...that and of course the usual reasons for one to hate another, envy, jealousy, etc etc...

I've been tryin to get at some of my boys from HS to better clarify the story, because if my memory is serving me right, I also recall him breaking some performance-enhancing substance rule as well but i dont remember if it was him or his brother or perhaps both or maybe even someone else from that team...which again, if I can properly recall, was the reason why he didn't play in the CIF during his actual senior year and was his reasoning for being eligible to play a 5th year...this all happened when I was like a freshman in HS so I can't remember it all that clearly, I just remember intense hate for this kid...

When I get clarification and some more details I will GLADLY post them...so please, get your popcorn ready fellas...its only a matter of time before I get in contact with someone who remembers

f**k You To Toby Gerhart

Why?

Well besides the fact that hes from one of those families that literally breeds their kids to become athletes from the moment they jump outta the wound, he played an extra season of CIF football in HS as a super senior and ended up leading Norco to CIF championship during that 5th year of his...I think it was the only year Norco ended up winning the CIF during his 5 year tenure at Norco...

Thats why i'm mad...that and of course the usual reasons for one to hate another, envy, jealousy, etc etc...

I've been tryin to get at some of my boys from HS to better clarify the story, because if my memory is serving me right, I also recall him breaking some performance-enhancing substance rule as well but i dont remember if it was him or his brother or perhaps both or maybe even someone else from that team...which again, if I can properly recall, was the reason why he didn't play in the CIF during his actual senior year and was his reasoning for being eligible to play a 5th year...this all happened when I was like a freshman in HS so I can't remember it all that clearly, I just remember intense hate for this kid...

When I get clarification and some more details I will GLADLY post them...so please, get your popcorn ready fellas...its only a matter of time before I get in contact with someone who remembers

Get the sand out of your vagina and let it go. Who cares what his family does its obviously working for them! They have great futures ahead of them because of the way thier parents set them up. And your still mad about high school football from over three years ago.......pathetic
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,200 for 49oz2superbowl.

f**k You To Toby Gerhart

Why?

If Gerhart came out of a wound, that person would be dead by now.

While I'm not such a fan of his family... (His Dad roams the stands wearing a "Big Dog" sweatshirt... seriously?! Your son is the star player for Stanford and you can't even rep his team... not to mention he exploits his sons spotlight)

I'm guessing his Dad:
a) Loves to party
b) Can slug alot of Miller High Lifes

However, there is no denying that Gerhart, has as much heart and physicality as any college football player in the country and deserves a shot at the Heisman. He's the best
[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on Nov 29, 2009 at 9:48 AM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
As much as I like Toby, I think I really just want the niners to draft his full back. That guy was opening huge holes all game against the Irish. And he helped give Luck plenty of time on passing plays.

I want us to draft Toby and make him our FB, ala Mike Alstott. That's the power running game I can live with.

Now that would be a backfield!!!!

Originally posted by scoobyduu24:

f**k You To Toby Gerhart

Why?

Get the sand out of your vagina and let it go. Who cares what his family does its obviously working for them! They have great futures ahead of them because of the way thier parents set them up. And your still mad about high school football from over three years ago.......pathetic

Sand outta my vagina...lol, alright buddy, real talk, I reserve my right to hate whoever i want for whatever the f**k reasons I want, I dont need you telling me why i can or cannot hate someone...theres a reason why theres something called an opinion yah know...let me paint you an image that might hit home for you...

For example, I dont tell you to not hit up the trash cans over by the old industrial part of town even tho its OBVIOUSLY much more efficient to hit up the trash cans in downtown seeing how more people go in and out of downtown which increases the likelihood of there being recyclable goods in those respective trash cans while the industrial unit is relatively lowly populated and has really been hit hard by the economy with all the layoffs and lack of business goin on over there...so see, even tho I am lookin in your best interest (as you were for me earlier, i would definitely not want sand in my vagina, ive had that issue at the beach, quite uncomfortable), ultimately, we each have our own opinion and theres nothing we can really do about it but speak our 2 cents and just hope the other side LISTENS to it...

So post dude...post...lol

f**k You To Toby Gerhart

Why?

Sand outta my vagina...lol, alright buddy, real talk, I reserve my right to hate whoever i want for whatever the f**k reasons I want, I dont need you telling me why i can or cannot hate someone...theres a reason why theres something called an opinion yah know...let me paint you an image that might hit home for you...

For example, I dont tell you to not hit up the trash cans over by the old industrial part of town even tho its OBVIOUSLY much more efficient to hit up the trash cans in downtown seeing how more people go in and out of downtown which increases the likelihood of there being recyclable goods in those respective trash cans while the industrial unit is relatively lowly populated and has really been hit hard by the economy with all the layoffs and lack of business goin on over there...so see, even tho I am lookin in your best interest (as you were for me earlier, i would definitely not want sand in my vagina, ive had that issue at the beach, quite uncomfortable), ultimately, we each have our own opinion and theres nothing we can really do about it but speak our 2 cents and just hope the other side LISTENS to it...

hm
Originally posted by RonMexico:

f**k You To Toby Gerhart

Why?

hm

I guess my modest attempt at responding to "sand in your vagina" in a proper and polite manner didn't quite go as smoothly as I thought it would...Im guessing you dont get it? lol, i was comparing his caring self (by wanting me to remove the sand in my vagina) to my caring self (by stating that he was a trash digger and collected recycled goods in hopes of turning them back for change and thats how he made a living)

I obviously failed...epically...

He's a pretty "straight lineish" power back running over people. Typically that works well in college but not real well in the NFL. There are some exceptions though.

One of those "exceptions" would be John Riggins. He had a nice career plowing over people.

White running backs come out once in a blue moon -- but they do come out. It's not unheard of.

We'll see. Kid had a monster game against Notre Dame. But he vanished against Cal. He had a couple of plays against the Bears, but he didn't dominate the game.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by billbird2111:

One of those "exceptions" would be John Riggins. He had a nice career plowing over people.

White running backs come out once in a blue moon -- but they do come out. It's not unheard of.

We'll see. Kid had a monster game against Notre Dame. But he vanished against Cal. He had a couple of plays against the Bears, but he didn't dominate the game.

Since when is 136 yards rushing and 4 touchdowns vanishing?

He did not vanish against Cal.

Jahvid Best vanished against USC and Oregon. That's a running back vanishing.
Share 49ersWebzone