LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 123 users in the forums

Toby Gerhart is a beast

I haven't seen this guy at all, but from what i'm reading, the closest comparison to a current NFL player would be Le'Ron McClain?

-9fA
reminds me of Brian Leonard.
Gerhart is tearing the Irish a new one on national TV AGAIN! The guy has got to get some Heisman votes. 26 rushing TD's in a season. Amazing!
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
I haven't seen this guy at all, but from what i'm reading, the closest comparison to a current NFL player would be Le'Ron McClain?

-9fA

I'd actually say Jamal Lewis.
As much as I like Toby, I think I really just want the niners to draft his full back. That guy was opening huge holes all game against the Irish. And he helped give Luck plenty of time on passing plays.
He's a beast, but I like his coach even more.
He absoultley embarassed ND.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
He ran all over Notre Dame defenders.
In open space, he's a heck of a load to bring down obviously, but if you haven't noticed.. Gerhart runs through gaping holes all day.

I have to wonder if he can make something out of nothing when he's in the NFL. He has great explosion in and out of the whole and deceptive speed, but much of his big gains are against some very poor tackling.

He's going to have to carry his strong performance not only through whatever bowl game he plays in, but also in the All-Star game he participates in. I wonder if Singletary would go after the guy, because he certain has a sort of John Riggins, Tom Rathman kind of look to him. Powerful guy, always falling forward for yardage.
damn rushed for 201 yards

Member Milestone: This is post number 2,100 for footballxpaul.
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

-9fA

I'd actually say Jamal Lewis.

no way jamal lewis was much faster. id go mike allstott(sp?) he will have to put weight on though.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
In open space, he's a heck of a load to bring down obviously, but if you haven't noticed.. Gerhart runs through gaping holes all day.

I have to wonder if he can make something out of nothing when he's in the NFL. He has great explosion in and out of the whole and deceptive speed, but much of his big gains are against some very poor tackling.

He's going to have to carry his strong performance not only through whatever bowl game he plays in, but also in the All-Star game he participates in. I wonder if Singletary would go after the guy, because he certain has a sort of John Riggins, Tom Rathman kind of look to him. Powerful guy, always falling forward for yardage.

hell ya he could be our allstott and we could actually pound the rock in the short yardage situations
i think he sewed up the heisman tonite
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Quote:
11 282 1531 5.43 23 25.64 139.18

Yes please.
Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
As much as I like Toby, I think I really just want the niners to draft his full back. That guy was opening huge holes all game against the Irish. And he helped give Luck plenty of time on passing plays.

I want us to draft Toby and make him our FB, ala Mike Alstott. That's the power running game I can live with.
Share 49ersWebzone