There are 165 users in the forums

Toby Gerhart is a beast

I think we should draft that Jacoby Ford kid from Clemcinati. He's real fast which means all star.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Yah!

The Steve Largent or Warren Moon of running backs!

I hope he does well.
Originally posted by genus49:
I think we should draft that Jacoby Ford kid from Clemcinati. He's real fast which means all star.

the only thing is, he is so fast he might go track with his athleticism. the guy wins all kinds of track events.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I feel bad for this kid. Seems like he's passed every test, the production, speed, character. But this article
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AkgnHuXET39FZrIxO2usSwpDubYF?slug=ms-gerhartstereotype042010
is kinda jacked. Especially since I deep down I have the same reservations. maybe it puts a chip on his shoulder and he out performs expectations.
  • Nes49
  • Veteran
Him & Best.....might be in the 2nd round...I say either one would be a steal for us.
Take him at #49 the second coming of Tom Rathman. He can block, run, catch, and unlike Rathman (or Gore) he has the speed to get to the corner.
Who would you rather see back there, Norris or Gerhart? think about it...
[ Edited by GolittaCamper on Apr 20, 2010 at 4:30 PM ]
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Take him at #49 the second coming of Tom Rathman. He can block, run, catch, and unlike Rathman (or Gore) he has the speed to get to the corner.

idk if he can catch
Originally posted by ads_2006:

idk if he can catch

Saw him catch a few this season, looked good to me!
Originally posted by ads_2006:

idk if he can catch

Saw him catch a few this season, looked good to me!

BEAST!
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
This is what I posted months ago...

Originally posted by crzy:
White running backs never get the opportunity to be feature backs these days. They decide to "convert" them to fullbacks.

It may not be racism, but it's definitely stereotyping. Peyton Hillis ran for 129 yards last year in one game for the Broncos and is never heard from again.

Pete Carroll did the same thing to Toby Gerhart. He recruited him at USC and then told him that he wanted to convert him to linebacker or fullback, which is why Toby went to Stanford and then ran all over USC a couple weeks ago as a giant middle finger to Carroll.

Gerhart is not a full back, he's not a change of pace bruiser. He's a feature back and he has all the tools to be successful in a pro-style offense where he's getting the majority of the carries.

He should be a first round pick.

Why can Brandon Jacobs be a feature back and Toby Gerhart can't?

This is what I posted months ago...

White running backs never get the opportunity to be feature backs these days. They decide to "convert" them to fullbacks.

It may not be racism, but it's definitely stereotyping. Peyton Hillis ran for 129 yards last year in one game for the Broncos and is never heard from again.

Pete Carroll did the same thing to Toby Gerhart. He recruited him at USC and then told him that he wanted to convert him to linebacker or fullback, which is why Toby went to Stanford and then ran all over USC a couple weeks ago as a giant middle finger to Carroll.

Gerhart is not a full back, he's not a change of pace bruiser. He's a feature back and he has all the tools to be successful in a pro-style offense where he's getting the majority of the carries.

He should be a first round pick.

Why can Brandon Jacobs be a feature back and Toby Gerhart can't?

Exactly.
Who was the last white running back to have a great season?

Is Justin Fargas white?
I think toby would be a nice compliment to gore as a full back instead of norris who is getting old!
gerhart's wife?/gf? is hot
Originally posted by Buonaparte69:
gerhart's wife?/gf? is hot

I shouldn't even have to tell you to post some pics.
Share 49ersWebzone