LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 286 users in the forums

Toby Gerhart is a beast

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
The other Bay Area running back deserves some love. He almost single-handedly has Stanford atop the Pac-10. This guy reminds me of Tom Rathman. Excellent at breaking tackles, he is tough to bring down.

I predict he falls to the 3rd-6th round because he'll probably run a 4.6 or lower. He's not a track star, but his on-the-field speed is deceptive.

Gerhart will go day one if he can run in the 4.5's -- He's got the vision and the power, and if he can demonstrate his blocking as well, that's another plus. If he runs fast enough, he could catapult his grade.

Anthony Dixon of Mississippi State is one other rising power back. He had 106 yards with 2 TDs in a close 30-26 game against LSU.
looks good, its too bad that he is white and a runningback, that will hurt him.
yeah, i've been paying attention to gerhart and i agree with what you said.

He runs hard

I actually wouldnt mind drafting him.

Gore could go down again next year (god forbid). Although Im not sure if a Gerhart & Coffee combination would work out (speed wise)
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by footballxpaul:

Not politically correct, but probably true.

White running backs are like black quarterbacks.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
I'm pretty sure that whoever drafts Gerhart is going to end up converting him to fullback which I think is a mistake. It's the same thing that happened to Tony Hunt in Philly. Got converted to FB and then disappeared.

Gerhart is a running back, a power runner and a good short yardage back...he's not a fullback.
i said this in the weekend prospect watch nobody bit. i like this dude i watched that stanford v. UCLA game and boy he looked good. the announcers were singing from his nutsack too haha. HOWEVER -- i will reserve my judgment until he plays against a good defense like USC because that is a good test to see how he plays against a good team/better D-Line/faster athletes
my friend played travel ball with this kid and his dad held him back 2 years so he could be bigger in highschool. Dude is already 25
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
i said this in the weekend prospect watch nobody bit. i like this dude i watched that stanford v. UCLA game and boy he looked good. the announcers were singing from his nutsack too haha. HOWEVER -- i will reserve my judgment until he plays against a good defense like USC because that is a good test to see how he plays against a good team/better D-Line/faster athletes

Last year USC 23 carries, 101 yards, 4.4 AVG, 1 TD
Originally posted by thuglife619:
my friend played travel ball with this kid and his dad held him back 2 years so he could be bigger in highschool. Dude is already 25

dude is 22 dob 3-22-87

Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by thuglife619:

dude is 22 dob 3-22-87

my friend lied to me then that f*g
That whole converting Lorenzo Neal to fullback sure didnt work out to well ether.
We should trade Gore and Coffee and draft Gerhart and Best!! We can have the all Bay Area running crew!!!

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Izyniner:
That whole converting Lorenzo Neal to fullback sure didnt work out to well ether.

Your sarcasm doesn't make sense. That situation is not at all comparable to this one.

Lorenzo Neal was a monster. He was a wrestler and obviously had the blocking ability to make the seamless transition to a fullback.

Toby Gerhart isn't exactly known for his blocking ability.
Originally posted by crzy:
Originally posted by footballxpaul:

Not politically correct, but probably true.

White running backs are like black quarterbacks.

very true.
Share 49ersWebzone