LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 248 users in the forums

if all 3 of the top qbs in 2004 had waited a year....

and came out in 2005, which of the 3 --eli manning, philip rivers, and ben roethelsberger--would you think would have fit in best for the 2005 niners (coached by nolan)
Originally posted by hofer36:
and came out in 2005, which of the 3 --eli manning, philip rivers, and ben roethelsberger--would you think would have fit in best for the 2005 niners (coached by nolan)

None, b/c we had a horrendous offensive line. For 2006, I think Rivers would've been the best b/c he seems to have that "I want to win" mentality that the rest of the team wouldve fed off of (that and he'd have had turner at OC).

I don't think roethelisberger would be a good fit with anyone other than the steelers and eli wouldn't be bad, but rivers would've fit the best for us at the time.

That's depressing.

Personally I got to go with Roethlisberger. Nolan wanted a game managing QB that could make plays on his feet.
We would have ruined anyone of those three careers.
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:

we, being the fans?
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:

we, being the fans?

No Nolan et al, including the merry band of OCs.
Share 49ersWebzone