LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 207 users in the forums

Andrew Luck

sexy!
Luck, Mallett, and Locker all have a common problem--they stare down their receivers.
Originally posted by Byisgod:
Luck, Mallett, and Locker all have a common problem--they stare down their receivers.

Always overrated on the WZ. Phillip Rivers and Peyton Manning do it all the time. You just can't stop them anyway. Because they have a strong arm and are deadly accurate.

For years on the WZ it's "Alex stares down his WR's"... Yup he does. But he also does these.

~ Hesitation
~ Inaccuracy
~ Late throws

Those are bigger problems than staring at a WR. If you can chuck it in there and a defense can't stop it than it doesn't matter. Phillip Rivers stares at Antonio Gates all day long and Gates has an almost constant double team. But it just doesn't matter because Rivers is a stud and he just chucks it in there anyway.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Nov 25, 2010 at 17:41:24 ]
anyone know what the o.p. is talking about?
Originally posted by teeohh:

Hmm, if Luck doesn't want to go to a crappy team, then the only scenario that could work for the Niners is:
1/ They hire Harbaugh
2/ Then they trade with Buffalo (or whover picks him). Hmm, that's plausible.
Originally posted by highwayone:
Originally posted by teeohh:

Hmm, if Luck doesn't want to go to a crappy team, then the only scenario that could work for the Niners is:
1/ They hire Harbaugh
2/ Then they trade with Buffalo (or whover picks him). Hmm, that's plausible.

Yeah I think that's the only chance we have of getting him, hire Harbaugh and have Luck pull an Eli Manning. Unless we have the worst record of course...
I don't really watch college ball so I Youtubed Luck. He's dead accurate, but doesn't really throw a good spiral.

In my mind, so long as the ball is on target and catchable, there really isn't an issue, but I'm curious to hear what the 'Zone thinks.
Originally posted by baltien:
I don't really watch college ball so I Youtubed Luck. He's dead accurate, but doesn't really throw a good spiral.

In my mind, so long as the ball is on target and catchable, there really isn't an issue, but I'm curious to hear what the 'Zone thinks.

Check out this recent video from his game against Oregon State. He's throwing darts.

Originally posted by SF69ers:

Check out this recent video from his game against Oregon State. He's throwing darts.

they run a pro style offense too...f**k i want this kid
Only way Luck declares (this year) is if Harbaugh lands a job with an NFL franchise that's capable of snatching Andrew up at the #1 overall pick (either directly, or through a massive trade-up ala Sanchez; Jets and Browns).

Andrew is a smart kid, he cares more about his career than a pile of money/draft recognition, with o-line/health liabilities.

Originally posted by blacksailsmd:
Originally posted by SF69ers:

they run a pro style offense too...f**k i want this kid

Seriously

The cool thing too is that Harbaugh's offense fits our personnel perfectly.
What will happen with the 2011 NFL Draft if there is a work stoppage? --Karl B.

There will be a 2011 Draft even in the event of a work stoppage. The expiring Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) requires it.

How will rookies be paid if there’s no CBA? --Jesse R.

Negotiations will be put on an indefinite hold until the clubs know what the system is when the CBA is finalized. Thus, rookies will be drafted yet not signed.

Will fewer underclassmen come out this year due to the potential work stoppage? --Kelly S.

I don’t see why that would happen. There was a lot of talk over the past two Drafts that more underclassmen would come out due to the labor situation being in flux but statistics proved the number of players coming out early was virtually the same as before. And I think that will prove the same this year.

Players will make decisions based on their personal situations and reports of their Draft value. A potential lockout is far from their minds.

Will rookies get paid less with the new CBA? --Bill R.

Yes, certainly at the top of the Draft. Sam Bradford was the last bonus baby in the history of top picks in the NFL. Bradford can max out at about $78 million. The next top draft pick in the NFL will probably max out at about $20-25 million.

With no voice behind them except for a handful of top agents, the rookies will be served up for slaughter. Management feels they make too much; veteran players feel they make too much; even union officials feel they make too much.

The more interesting question will be how a new rookie compensation system affects lower-round picks. Right now, these players represent a reasonable and fixed cost for a good portion of club rosters. The NFL should be careful what it wishes for here.

link
Share 49ersWebzone