There are 52 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ndamukong Suh

No. The only position that's worth trading that far up for is a QB, and to be honest Alex has done enough to be the guy next year.
Yes and No.

Yes.. he is the kind of player that would be worth moving up for if you had just one need and not lots of holes everywhere.

No.. The Niners have too many holes at OT, OLB, CB, S, RB to consider trading 2 first round picks to move up.

Bottom line.. great player who is going to end up in Clev, StL, TB, or Detroit
After these last few games you could say in some ways this pick is a need for us. I would trade up for him or Berry.
Originally posted by jreff22:
No...if were trading up its either for Berry or Spiller.

Spiller? I'm pretty sure we don't have to trade up for him
He's one of the best DT prospects I've ever seen, but we shouldn't trade up for him. Much like Dorsey (or Warren Sapp), he's perfect for the 4-3 but would be wasted in a 3-4 imo.

Basically, we would be paying a very high price to move up to get a player that doesn't fit us and plays a position we don't need.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Yes and No.

Yes.. he is the kind of player that would be worth moving up for if you had just one need and not lots of holes everywhere.

No.. The Niners have too many holes at OT, OLB, CB, S, RB to consider trading 2 first round picks to move up.

Bottom line.. great player who is going to end up in Clev, StL, TB, or Detroit

What he said..........
Originally posted by Overkill:
He's one of the best DT prospects I've ever seen, but we shouldn't trade up for him. Much like Dorsey (or Warren Sapp), he's perfect for the 4-3 but would be wasted in a 3-4 imo.

Basically, we would be paying a very high price to move up to get a player that doesn't fit us and plays a position we don't need.

Really I think he compares pretty well to Richard Seymour. I wouldn't be against it. There's 2 types of 3-4's. Teams like NE who bring heat with their DL, and teams like the Steelers who bring heat with their OLB.

Smith, Franklyn, and Suh would be one beasting defensive line.
Suh will go top 3 for sure. The man is an incredible athlete for someone his size. I wish we could get him.
who we replacing if we get another pass rusher though, parys or lawson?
Originally posted by tjd808185:
Originally posted by Overkill:
He's one of the best DT prospects I've ever seen, but we shouldn't trade up for him. Much like Dorsey (or Warren Sapp), he's perfect for the 4-3 but would be wasted in a 3-4 imo.

Basically, we would be paying a very high price to move up to get a player that doesn't fit us and plays a position we don't need.

Really I think he compares pretty well to Richard Seymour. I wouldn't be against it. There's 2 types of 3-4's. Teams like NE who bring heat with their DL, and teams like the Steelers who bring heat with their OLB.

Smith, Franklyn, and Suh would be one beasting defensive line.

Maybe - he definitely has enough potential to be intrigued, and he looks like of those guys that could be a very special player.

But I think he looks more like the perfect 3 Technique DT and the transition from 3 to 5 technique is certainly far from automatic. Bottomline is that I wouldn't trade up that far to get him when its not clear he can make the transition imo.

I also think our current DE's are playing very well, so we've obviously got bigger needs (like OLB, S, OT, OG & maybe even CB). Trading up likely means we miss out on the opportunity to address one of those. Its just not worth it to me.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Suh will go top 3 for sure. The man is an incredible athlete for someone his size. I wish we could get him.



I like suh alot.. i like jerry huges too.. they are good to play football that either it.
id just like to state for the record that I was the first guy to put Suh's name on this board last year when everyone was drooling over terrance cody... Just sayin - you heard it here first.
Originally posted by abowers1984:
id just like to state for the record that I was the first guy to put Suh's name on this board last year when everyone was drooling over terrance cody... Just sayin - you heard it here first.

Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by abowers1984:
id just like to state for the record that I was the first guy to put Suh's name on this board last year when everyone was drooling over terrance cody... Just sayin - you heard it here first.


Thanks buddy - just the type of recognition i was looking for.
Originally posted by abowers1984:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by abowers1984:
id just like to state for the record that I was the first guy to put Suh's name on this board last year when everyone was drooling over terrance cody... Just sayin - you heard it here first.


Thanks buddy - just the type of recognition i was looking for.

Yeah I remember that too. Unfortunately now he'll be taken too high for us to pick him because he'll probably be numero uno lol