There are 66 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The 2010 NFL Draft- WR Discussion Thread (UPDATED: Post Crabtree Deal)

Originally posted by TheBlueHell:
Originally posted by PTulini:
We don't really have a tall WR, I'd like to get a tall redzone threat.

Some people list Crabtree as 6'3", and I've seen Decker listed as 6'3" on some broadcasts. I love big receivers who can sky for the ball, no doubt. I think Crabtree can be a jumpball guy, and Decker goes up in double coverage all the time to get balls.

With our huge need for a return guy and some team speed on offense, though, I'm starting to think my homer pick of Jacoby Ford in a middle round would be the best value for us and our team needs.

Sorry, people quit wearing elevator shoes in the 70s. He's 6-1.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
He's 6'2".
I know Minnesota's WR Eric Decker got hurt today. Does anyone know how badly he's hurt?
yea, he's 6-1 and some change. Not 6'3" like his college profile had him listd. But he is pretty big for a 6'1" WR. Long arms too.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
yea, he's 6-1 and some change. Not 6'3" like his college profile had him listd. But he is pretty big for a 6'1" WR. Long arms too.

At least 6-2 bro. Trust me, I've had a class with him.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Jacoby Ford for the 49ers 2nd round pick!!!

Do it Nol...er...Singletary!
Originally posted by GEEK:

In the 2nd?
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by GEEK:

In the 2nd?

Assuming the 49ers make the playoffs, I think that's about the right area for him to get picked.
Lets say we pick somewhere between 8-12 with Carolina's pick.

Would you want us to take Dez?

Would you be upset if we took Dez?

I know it depends on who all is on the board and who we take with our second first rounder but as of right now how would you feel about it?

Personally, while I wouldn't necessarily want us to take Dez I wouldn't be upset if we did. He is bigger than Crabs, uses his body well and attacks the ball in the air. He also could be used in the KR/PR game if necessary. Dez and an OT with our first two picks would be a good haul IMO.
We aren't the Lions. We need to focus on some gaping holes that have been around for years now : Oline and Pass Rusher. Heck, even an elite safety.
that line has to get fixed......

I think Bryant is going to rock... I like him more then Crabs.....

But that OLINE has to get fixed.....first

the offense has weapons....It needs blocking and maybe a new QB.
Originally posted by cubanb:
We aren't the Lions. We need to focus on some gaping holes that have been around for years now : Oline and Pass Rusher. Heck, even an elite safety.

Pretty much what I went into this thread to say.

You don't win with just receivers. Bryant will be a very good receiver but our team has many holes that are far more pressing than receiver at this point.

Hell Arizona didn't win the SB with Fitz and Boldin.

Fix the OL and the pass rush. Then you can draft for luxury.
1st First round pick - O LINE.
2nd First round pick - O LINE.
2nd round pick - O LINE.
FA pickup - O LINE.
FA pickup - O LINE.

We have sucked at this for what 6 - 7 years in a row. And we continually overlook it year after year after year for other things in the draft and FA. When do we finally fix this? When I ask? Is it time yet to fix it?

Look at the good teams. Look how much time Drew Brees or Peyton Manning have to throw. Even Brett Favre and how much time the Vikings give him. Alex as much as he is maligned can be ok in this league if he gets time. He's never had time in all the years he's been here.

When do we fix our real problem? We can get Safety fixed later and a 2nd WR isn't the biggest priority although it would be nice. D LINE and OLB would also be nice. But if your break it down the 1 thing preventing us from being a playoff team and a winning program is just what I said. More so than any other aspect on this team by far and away. And it's not even close whatever you regard the 2nd biggest problem to be.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Oct 29, 2009 at 8:02 PM ]
  • Ether
  • Veteran
Since we'll have 2 Top 15 picks, we can afford to take Dez Bryant, and go O-Line with the next 2 picks.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
1st First round pick - O LINE.
2nd First round pick - O LINE.
2nd round pick - O LINE.
FA pickup - O LINE.
FA pickup - O LINE.

We have sucked at this for what 6 - 7 years in a row. And we continually overlook it year after year after year for other things in the draft and FA. When do we finally fix this? When I ask? Is it time yet to fix it?

Look at the good teams. Look how much time Drew Brees or Peyton Manning have to throw. Even Brett Favre and how much time the Vikings give him. Alex as much as he is maligned can be ok in this league if he gets time. He's never had time in all the years he's been here.

When do we fix our real problem? We can get Safety fixed later and a 2nd WR isn't the biggest priority although it would be nice. D LINE and OLB would also be nice. But if your break it down the 1 thing preventing us from being a playoff team and a winning program is just what I said. More so than any other aspect on this team by far and away. And it's not even close whatever you regard the 2nd biggest problem to be.

so what you're saying is you want the 49ers to draft a new FG kicker AND upgrade Candlestick with cupholders in each seat?!
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home