There are 78 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The 2010 NFL Draft- WR Discussion Thread (UPDATED: Post Crabtree Deal)

Originally posted by mayo63:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
The SR class of WR is very weak, only LaFell and Gilyard are 1st round talent. JR Class is loaded though. I listed all the guys I think will go in the first 3 rounds.

I put A.J. Green in there, because I think he may be the WR in all of college football even though he is just a Sophmore.

My rankings as of now:

1. Dez Bryant, OKlahoma State*
2. A.J. Green, Georgia** - Only a Sophmore, but he will be a top 5 pick when he comes out
3. Brandon LaFell, LSU
4. Mardy Gilyard, Cincinnati
5. Golden Tate, Notre Dame* -
6. Arrellious Benn, Illinois* - Potential to move up to #1, but his hands are holding him back. Too often he body catches.
7. Mike Williams, Syracuse*
8. Dezmon Briscoe, Kansas*
9. Damian Williams, USC*
10. Jacoby Ford, Clemson
11. Eric Decker, Minnesota
12. Jeremy Williams, Tulane
13. Demaryius Thomas, Georgia Tech*
14. Danario Alexander, Mizzou
15. Jordan Shipley, Texas
16. Armanti Edwards, App State

* - Junior
** - Sophmore

You forgot about Julio Jones, he's probably the best sophmore in the nation.

He did, however, get off to a slow start.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by WINiner:
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
no WRs for us next year we got crabs

We will likely lose Bruce, and possibly AB. Another WR wouldn't be a bad thing. I prefer spending the 1st on a QB personally, but I wouldn't be angy if it was on a WR.

Next year's starters could look like Morgan, Crabtree, and Hill. That looks good to me especially with Delanie and Vernon.

More like Morgan, Crabtree, and Jones, with Hill as the 4th and then walker and davis as tight ends so i think we're good at wr,
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by mayo63:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
The SR class of WR is very weak, only LaFell and Gilyard are 1st round talent. JR Class is loaded though. I listed all the guys I think will go in the first 3 rounds.

I put A.J. Green in there, because I think he may be the WR in all of college football even though he is just a Sophmore.

My rankings as of now:

1. Dez Bryant, OKlahoma State*
2. A.J. Green, Georgia** - Only a Sophmore, but he will be a top 5 pick when he comes out
3. Brandon LaFell, LSU
4. Mardy Gilyard, Cincinnati
5. Golden Tate, Notre Dame* -
6. Arrellious Benn, Illinois* - Potential to move up to #1, but his hands are holding him back. Too often he body catches.
7. Mike Williams, Syracuse*
8. Dezmon Briscoe, Kansas*
9. Damian Williams, USC*
10. Jacoby Ford, Clemson
11. Eric Decker, Minnesota
12. Jeremy Williams, Tulane
13. Demaryius Thomas, Georgia Tech*
14. Danario Alexander, Mizzou
15. Jordan Shipley, Texas
16. Armanti Edwards, App State

* - Junior
** - Sophmore

You forgot about Julio Jones, he's probably the best sophmore in the nation.

He did, however, get off to a slow start.

IMO Green is better then Jones.

But Julio Jones would be at 3 spot if I added him in there. Both him and Green are the most talented WRs in college football. They are both "Calvin Johnson" caliber players (although CJ is still the best prospect ever in my book).

[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Oct 7, 2009 at 17:58:45 ]
Originally posted by 228niner:

We will likely lose Bruce, and possibly AB. Another WR wouldn't be a bad thing. I prefer spending the 1st on a QB personally, but I wouldn't be angy if it was on a WR.

Next year's starters could look like Morgan, Crabtree, and Hill. That looks good to me especially with Delanie and Vernon.

More like Morgan, Crabtree, and Jones, with Hill as the 4th and then walker and davis as tight ends so i think we're good at wr,

To this point Morgan has looked AWFUL. Why everyone post with the assumption that he is a legit starter is beyond me. I agree that he looked good in limited time last year, but he has yet to live up to that THIS season. He is by no means a bonafide starter at this time.
Originally posted by 228niner:

To this point Morgan has looked AWFUL. Why everyone post with the assumption that he is a legit starter is beyond me. I agree that he looked good in limited time last year, but he has yet to live up to that THIS season. He is by no means a bonafide starter at this time.

What games are you watching? Morgan has looked great this season....He has dropped some catchable passes but thats to be expected with a 2nd-year WR.

More importantly Morgan has shown the ability to beat the jam, get open, and make a play after the catch. Those are 3 things that most WRs still can't do in their 2nd year.
I think it's safe to say we can take WR off the day one draft wish-list.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
I think it's safe to say we can take WR off the day one draft wish-list.

+1
  • crzy
  • Veteran
I am now on the Decker bandwagon.
Originally posted by strickac:
We could use some more speed at WR. We lack a true speedster, with the ability to break one deep at any time.

Hopefully we can find someone in the mid rounds that could add a spark to our passing/return game..

Taylor Price or Jacoby Ford??

Brandon Jones ran a 4.32 I believe, I know he has been hurt but the 49ers gave him 16 mil, lets see how he does.
Originally posted by crzy:
I am now on the Decker bandwagon.

Welcome. Decker has slot written all over him.
I think we need a speedy WR with some kickoff/punt return ability.
Originally posted by PTulini:

Hmmm. Sounds like you'd love to have Cincy's Gilyard here.

He's the top guy who has all the talent and abilities you want plus KR/PR ability.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:

Hmmm. Sounds like you'd love to have Cincy's Gilyard here.

He's the top guy who has all the talent and abilities you want plus KR/PR ability.

but also like Decker as a blocking receiver.
We don't really have a tall WR, I'd like to get a tall redzone threat.
We don't really have a tall WR, I'd like to get a tall redzone threat.

Some people list Crabtree as 6'3", and I've seen Decker listed as 6'3" on some broadcasts. I love big receivers who can sky for the ball, no doubt. I think Crabtree can be a jumpball guy, and Decker goes up in double coverage all the time to get balls.

With our huge need for a return guy and some team speed on offense, though, I'm starting to think my homer pick of Jacoby Ford in a middle round would be the best value for us and our team needs.