LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 153 users in the forums

Draft Picks & Tampering

with this issue, i think goodell needs to lay the law for precedent for further draft tampering.

for instance if there is a team that wants a stud (any position say safety) and believe that they are just a safety away from making a huge run. what stops them from tampering because the penalty is half a million dollars and a couple low draft picks. what stops the team from taking this risk? if i was a team that was a player away i would do this if the penalty is nothing more than a heavy fine and low draft picks.

this is really serious because it undermines the entire draft process and i strongly believe that a rookie pay slot needs to be put in because this completely eliminates the whole contract negotiations. make them short say 2 year and an option. this makes less risk with more reward without investing 5-6 years of a franchise. its better for the game.
Originally posted by j3xperience:
with this issue, i think goodell needs to lay the law for precedent for further draft tampering.

for instance if there is a team that wants a stud (any position say safety) and believe that they are just a safety away from making a huge run. what stops them from tampering because the penalty is half a million dollars and a couple low draft picks. what stops the team from taking this risk? if i was a team that was a player away i would do this if the penalty is nothing more than a heavy fine and low draft picks.

this is really serious because it undermines the entire draft process and i strongly believe that a rookie pay slot needs to be put in because this completely eliminates the whole contract negotiations. make them short say 2 year and an option. this makes less risk with more reward without investing 5-6 years of a franchise. its better for the game.

I wouldn't mind him laying the hammer down as long as we get the picks. hehehe
Share 49ersWebzone