There are 251 users in the forums

JERRY HUGHES - TCU

I like this guy.
What are his latest stats??
Originally posted by BrianUKNiner:
I love watching TCU's defense and I really like this kid. Wouldn't be at all disappointed if we got him. Certainly much more dominant than Everette Brown.

He looks the part
Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by BrianUKNiner:
I love watching TCU's defense and I really like this kid. Wouldn't be at all disappointed if we got him. Certainly much more dominant than Everette Brown.

He looks the part

He sure does & would look great in our defense!
Originally posted by domesik:

He had 2 more sacks on saturday giving him 8 in 6 games this year with 8.5 TFLs and like 33 tckls... He's a beast - which is why I've been targeting him since last year.
Originally posted by abowers1984:

He had 2 more sacks on saturday giving him 8 in 6 games this year with 8.5 TFLs and like 33 tckls... He's a beast - which is why I've been targeting him since last year.

Damn this guy is great too watch!

If this guy is that good, then take him with Carolina's first if the 49ers have to.
Does he play any NFL LT prospects this year?
Originally posted by jta854:

Here is some footage of him in the TCU vs Virgina game in wk 3 of this year:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSxlia1k-Cg

You have to fast forward to about 6 minutes... he has the last set of highlights.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran

You have to fast forward to about 6 minutes... he has the last set of highlights.

How come you stopped bumping all those Sanchez threads like you were doing earlier? Just curious, but didn't you want to remind everyone how much you were touting him?

Originally posted by kstolai:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
He would be awesome opposite parys haralson. definitely someone to keep an eye on.

It is really hard for me to support starting anyone over Manny. Do I think our pass rush is lacking? Of course. But while Manny is not tearing up the stats sheet, he has been quite valuable on defense in regard to stopping the run and staying on assignment which allows other guys to make plays.

Sacks is a sexy stat and sack master are usually not that great at stopping the run because they don't recognize a run play thus leaving gapping holes for RBs to run through.

If we draft a pass rusher, he will likely split time with Manny such that Manny is in during first downs or short yardage situation and this pass rusher is in during 2nd or 3rd and long.
Originally posted by TX9R:

How come you stopped bumping all those Sanchez threads like you were doing earlier? Just curious, but didn't you want to remind everyone how much you were touting him?

Oh im still touting him... He had an excellent game on Monday night and a terrible game on Sunday - thats to be expected during his rookie campaign. The fact is, he is still far better than the second rate prospect that you made him out to be.
damn, that Locker dude looks good!
Hughes had a monster game this weekend. He was just everywhere disrupting plays.
Originally posted by 49ersfan80:
I would be perfectly fine with Hughes for our second first round pick (take OT with first pick). Just as long as its not Sergio Kindle who is overrated.

agree
Share 49ersWebzone