LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 144 users in the forums

How many recievers are better than Crabs in next years draft?

Originally posted by walker807:
Originally posted by strickac:
Zero.

Crabtree was/is the best college WR I've ever seen. Dez Bryant is a stud, but I'm sticking with Crabtree. Hopefully, we can sign his dumb ass.

Did you just start watching college football? Crabtree may be the best since Calvin but he deffinately was not better than Calvin. The "best" college football WR ever does not fall to 10 period. He is a 15-25 pick next draft.

Well he did, I cant think of any other WR to win the Biletnikoff 2x and not even finish his senior year. System or not I cant think of any other system WR to win the award.

If he was in next years draft coming out of college I think he would be the number 1 rated WR but if he re-enters under theses circumstances I think his best shot is a 2nd or 3rd rd slot
[ Edited by redmanc07 on Sep 16, 2009 at 6:08 AM ]
Talent wise? Probably AJ Green and Dez, but Crab is a smart football player, runs good routes, and uses nice fakes to get open, he doesn't have blazing speed or can't jump the moon, but he brings intelligence and great hands...with that being sad, I would still rather have AJ Green or Dez.
After a year away from football and not having that good of speed to begin with it could end up being half of the receivers on the board.
There is a strong chance he can get drafted highly again. he is better than all of those WR's imo. Bryant has the chance to surpass him though especially since he's a good kick returner. Benn is overrated.
Any WR that actually signs their contract will be better than Crabtree because they will actually be playing
At the end of the season last year, I graded Bryant a better pro prospect than Crabtree.

However, Crabtree is substantially better than the next guy on the list.

I had a chance to watch Benn live this weekend, and he's simply not close to being ready to play in the NFL. He is fast, but did very little to impress. Does not run routes very well, and just does not stand out on the football field. I was really disappointed.

He'll undoubtably be drafted higher than expected if he comes out this next year, and runs a fast 40 time. But, he looks more like a 3rd round prospect to me than a top-rated prospect.
Originally posted by genz22:
No way is Benn even close to Crabtree.....Dez Bryant is the only one.

Also Michael Floyd from Notre Dame is nasty but only a sophmore. Cant wait to see him declare in 2011.
Originally posted by babyshaq90:
Originally posted by BHulman:
Originally posted by SF2AZNiner:
Wide Receivers:

1. Dez Bryant(Oklahoma State)
2. Arrelious Benn(Illinois)
3. Damian Williams(USC)
4. Brandon LaFell(LSU)
5. Marshawn Gilyard(CIncinnati)
6. Eric Decker(Minnesota)
7. Jordan Shipley(Texas)
8. Dezmon Briscoe(Kansas)
9. Demarlylius Thomas(Georgia Tech)
10. Bryan Anderson(Central Michigan)

Heres a list I borrowed from AB where does he rank on this list? Can we really land a 1st for him or is this class strong enough where we will have to settle for a 2nd? Thanks

I don't know whether or Julio Jones will come out next year but he is pretty good!

nah julio is a sophmore right now.
HES A BEAST!!!!

Another great sophomore receiver in the SEC is Green from Georgia.
[ Edited by BHulman on Sep 29, 2009 at 6:38 PM ]
Well, the guy on that list that would suprise many of you is D. Williams. That guy is special. He has more of a pro game than DB or MC. He has speed. Not "game" speed, but true speed. He has very very good hands, as good as MC and he is must faster, more sudden than DB. As a pro, he is underated. In fact, i think he reminds me of T. Holt.
All of them are less of a DIVA and less of a sh**head.

• pd24
  • Veteran
I think Dezmon Briscoe will be really good. I think we should get him in the 2nd round if we can. He is taller and faster than Crabtree.
Originally posted by pd24:
I think Dezmon Briscoe will be really good. I think we should get him in the 2nd round if we can. He is taller and faster than Crabtree.

I bet Al Davis said the same thing about Bey.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by pd24:

I bet Al Davis said the same thing about Bey.

Please. This dude caught 92 balls as sophmore and had 15 TD's. Bey had 93 catches sophmore and junior year combined and only 13 TDs his in his 3 year career in school.
Crabtree chances of being drafted in the Top 10 just might happen, especially if Washington continues to play poorly. They barely beat the Rams and lost to the Lions. I had said before that I think two teams will risk drafting Crabtree in the first rd and that is the Redskins and Cowboys. And I guess 3 now with the Jets but our of those 3 teams, the Redskins has the best chance at the worst record.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
All of them are less of a DIVA and less of a sh**head.

Based on what ? On the opinions of 49ers fans and Eric Mangini's comments ?

At this time last year not 1 person would have claimed Crabtree was a diva, for all we know some of these kids could be Diva like once and one would not know until they visit with the Browns or get drafted by a team and feel they are not being offered a fair contract once they get drafted. Because apparently if Mangini says it or you do not feel your contract offer is not fair then it must be true.

Have you seen Crabtree's contract ? Without the full details on it and only knowing of the reported total worth and guaranteed money in it no one can truly claim it is fair. Perhaps the incentives make it almost impossible to achieve it's total worth.

Speculating is fun isn't it ?
Share 49ersWebzone