LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 280 users in the forums

How many recievers are better than Crabs in next years draft?

Wide Receivers:

1. Dez Bryant(Oklahoma State)
2. Arrelious Benn(Illinois)
3. Damian Williams(USC)
4. Brandon LaFell(LSU)
5. Marshawn Gilyard(CIncinnati)
6. Eric Decker(Minnesota)
7. Jordan Shipley(Texas)
8. Dezmon Briscoe(Kansas)
9. Demarlylius Thomas(Georgia Tech)
10. Bryan Anderson(Central Michigan)

Heres a list I borrowed from AB where does he rank on this list? Can we really land a 1st for him or is this class strong enough where we will have to settle for a 2nd? Thanks
  • Ether
  • Veteran
He's right up there with Dez Bryant
Originally posted by Ether:

Thats good news for us hopefully we'll get something in return come draft if he don't sign another 1st would be crazy!!!
Zero.

Crabtree was/is the best college WR I've ever seen. Dez Bryant is a stud, but I'm sticking with Crabtree. Hopefully, we can sign his dumb ass.
Originally posted by strickac:
Zero.

Crabtree was/is the best college WR I've ever seen. Dez Bryant is a stud, but I'm sticking with Crabtree. Hopefully, we can sign his dumb ass.

true to a extent, but now with his bad attitude id be surprised if he is picked before Bryant, Benn and Williams, who are my top 3 WR's.
  • cools
  • Veteran
what bad attitude? he hasnt poped off at all, he has been quiet thru this whole thing.
He put someone in charge of the business end of it, clearly he put the wrong guy in charge, but he's done nothing to garner the "Bad attitude" rep

If he does sit out, we will be lucky to get a late 1rst for him, and more likely no one wants to pay him what he is asking, so no one willing to trade for him.
He renters draft and probably gets picked up by a team like the Cowboys that makes sure he will sign.

Lose-Lose situation for both sides
He loses a ton of $ and we lose a 1rst rnd pick with no compensation
Zero.

Did you just start watching college football? Crabtree may be the best since Calvin but he deffinately was not better than Calvin. The "best" college football WR ever does not fall to 10 period. He is a 15-25 pick next draft.
not sure he's better than bryant, but i'm not going to like this thread if he does sign
Originally posted by Ether:
Personally I'd rather have Benn over Crabs... but that's jus me.

No way is Benn even close to Crabtree.....Dez Bryant is the only one.

Also Michael Floyd from Notre Dame is nasty but only a sophmore. Cant wait to see him declare in 2011.
  • jame-gumb
  • Info N/A
In my opinion, Dez Bryant is better than Crabtree. After this contract nonsense, I'd take Benn and LaFell over Crabtree too.

I think Crabtree is a late first- or early second-round pick next year, which is why I think we could get a second-round pick for him in March (though, that's purely speculative and likely wrong).
Originally posted by walker807:
Zero.

Did you just start watching college football? Crabtree may be the best since Calvin but he deffinately was not better than Calvin. The "best" college football WR ever does not fall to 10 period. He is a 15-25 pick next draft.

I said he was the best "college" WR I've ever seen. Calvin had nice college career, but it's nowhere in the realm of Crabtree's. I realize Calvin didn't have the luxury of playing in Texas Tech's spread offense, so I'm going off of what I saw.

Draft position doesn't tell the whole story either. Calvin was coming off an amazing offseaon and Crabtree couldn't even workout. Plus, when drafting, teams look at potential and how players' game transfers to the pros. I was making a statement about college.
None of the wide receivers in next year's draft is better than Crabtree. Dez Bryant is close, but Crabtree's hands are a lot better than Bryant's.
Originally posted by walker807:
Zero.

I said he was the best "college" WR I've ever seen. Calvin had nice college career, but it's nowhere in the realm of Crabtree's. I realize Calvin didn't have the luxury of playing in Texas Tech's spread offense, so I'm going off of what I saw.

Draft position doesn't tell the whole story either. Calvin was coming off an amazing offseaon and Crabtree couldn't even workout. Plus, when drafting, teams look at potential and how players' game transfers to the pros. I was making a statement about college.

Crabtree was playing in a favorable system and Calvin wasnt
Share 49ersWebzone