LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 326 users in the forums

The one thing I will enjoy most in next years draft?

Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
I hate even thinking about this. What a f'n waste of a pick! But at least we save some major dough to use on our two 1st rounders next year. Or if we trade both of those to move up and grab McCoy.

We keep our two picks!!
Originally posted by NJNiner:
Is watching Crabtree fall well below the 10th overall pick. How far do you zoners think he will fall?

He will never make back to the draft, and THATS where his and his agent lose out. The Niners will never in a million years allows him to re-enter. Any compensation is better then none and we will make sure he gets traded in the 6 or so weeks that we are able to do so before the draft in April.

Cabtree thinks "Oh ill simply hold out rather then play in that garbage offense" but little does he realize that it is well within the Niners power to make sure he spends at least a few seasons on a team with a worse offense if he pisses the FO off enough
I think both of our picks will be in the teens.

Carolina: #13ish
Ours: #18ish

I can't wait to get that pass rusher at #13. I like Manny, but I don't think he fits the 3-4. I'd love it if we could trade him and lineup a legit pass rusher opposite Haralson.
Cashtree failing. AJ Green, Dez, and Benn, will all be drafted before him, and there is no way any team is gonna pay the 4th best WR 30+ mil LOL. Not to mention all the other people that are gonna get drafted before him, next thing you know it's second round, and teams aren't going to want to spend a lot of money for a 2nd round pick, and he gets drafted in the 3rd!

Of course, none of this will happen and Niners will sign Cashtree in a week.
Crabtree will be a 49er in 2010
If we can't sign him by next spring, then we try to trade him. Obvious I know. I would guess we would snatch a 1st round and settle for a 2nd round. I don't know if we would take much lower.

So the only way he returns to the draft is if no other team is prepared to stump up, say, a 2nd round pick. Logical?

So if that is logical it stands that if we can't sign him or trade him he becomes a 3rd round pick at best. And this surely means pain in his pocket.

It is supposed to be a strong draft next year. With all those bright shiny prospects right in front of people, I think he may be surprised how far he can drop.

There will be a trade, next spring. Has to be. Because if he does go back into the draft I think he is going to be damn sorry he didn't sign when he had the chance.

Sign the damn thing you idiot
anyone who thinks he actually makes it to the draft is trippin. he will either be signed or traded after march 1st. the niners would rather trade him for anything than just let him go. i think he could fetch a 2nd or 3rd. or maybe a 1st from an idiot like dan snyder
[ Edited by hondakillerzx on Sep 16, 2009 at 2:35 PM ]
If it turns out that the Jets tampered with Crabtree then it would wonderful to get their 1st round pick in the draft and have three first rounders to pick from.
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
I hate even thinking about this. What a f'n waste of a pick! But at least we save some major dough to use on our two 1st rounders next year. Or if we trade both of those to move up and grab McCoy.

I'd rather grab Suh as he is a more natural fit for the 3-4 and could potentially be the NT that we've been seeking for so long with the ability to collapse the pocket by either shooting the A gap or simply bull rushing the center back into the QBs lap.
Share 49ersWebzone