There are 94 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Brandon Spikes

Originally posted by DesiDez:
This guy will fall and he will fall fast. 4.8 is slow for an ILB but he ran 5.0- that's offensive lineman times.

In fact, I'll be surprised if he gets drafted at all.

Well, if that's really the case then I think we should draft him in the 6th or 7th round. I would be surprised if he lasted that long tho. But I think a late round pick is low risk enough to see if he can play anything like his cousin in the NFL.
Will he last til the 5th? I would love to see the 9ers draft him late. He already plays mean and once he drops in the draft he will be pissed off and want to prove everyone wrong.
Originally posted by LottOfDefense:
Will he last til the 5th? I would love to see the 9ers draft him late. He already plays mean and once he drops in the draft he will be pissed off and want to prove everyone wrong.

I wouldn't mind picking him up. TKO & Willis can teach him some things.
This guy will fall and he will fall fast. 4.8 is slow for an ILB but he ran 5.0- that's offensive lineman times.

That's running as fast as the quicker OL but yeah. He'll be drafted but that speed makes him look like he is a two down 3-4 TED LB'er. That time will really hurt his stock with 4-3 teams moreso than the 3-4 teams.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

That's running as fast as the quicker OL but yeah. He'll be drafted but that speed makes him look like he is a two down 3-4 TED LB'er. That time will really hurt his stock with 4-3 teams moreso than the 3-4 teams.

5th or 6th round pick i'd bite
wait is he really gonna drop 2-3 rounds because of his 40 time? if he falls to us in 3rd and we filled our o line needs i wouldnt mind
Spikes has shown through his times and workouts that he is strictly a 2-down backer at the next level, and someone to not be excited about in any way in the NFL.

This team has so many other bigger needs, at more critical areas, to be concerned about this player and position.
Nothing wrong with giving him a look in the mid rounds if he's still there imo.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Spikes has shown through his times and workouts that he is strictly a 2-down backer at the next level, and someone to not be excited about in any way in the NFL.

This team has so many other bigger needs, at more critical areas, to be concerned about this player and position.

So his game speed was a problem too?
Originally posted by zero:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Spikes is an ILB not an OLB.

ahh, my bad. then he could be drafted to replace Takeo Spikes then

Same name

point is, he's a game changer on defense and could used in some capacity

We drafted Scott McKillop this year for that very purpose. At this point, if we're talking linebackers, we should be talking about guys that have the potential to be 3-4 OLBs and get after the QB.

ok, I'll high jack my own thread then,...I forgot about Mckillop and have a man crush on Brandon Spikes,..anyway, TCU defensive end Jerry Hughes...yeah or nea

Mckillop ran a fast 40 time then brandon bahahah
Spikes is an ILB not an OLB.

ahh, my bad. then he could be drafted to replace Takeo Spikes then

Same name

point is, he's a game changer on defense and could used in some capacity

They are actually related

Guy's got over 2K posts and doesn't know he's an ILB and related to TKO.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

I think some 3-4 team will bite in the 3rd or 4th round.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:

I think some 3-4 team will bite in the 3rd or 4th round.

I hope its us
Originally posted by MadDog49er:

I think that this is an interesting discussion. If Spikes is slow, to verry slow, why would anyone want to pick him? It seems to me that he should be taken off the Niners draft board.

It is very similar to the discussion on Mays - very fast but no talent to get to the ball or help the team. So another player to talk off the board. I want speed, talent, tackling, nose for the ball, in other words a total football player.

So no Mays and no Spikes. Lets get players on this team that can play football.
I would love to get him in the 4th rd. He is the type of "banger" we need inside next to P-Willy when Spikes hangs it up and he brings an attitude and a mean demeanor to a defense.