There are 92 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Brandon Spikes

• zero
  • Veteran
If Manny can't find his way to the QB this year would you consider drafting him with Carolina's pick, assuming he's there ofcourse???

I would,...and I hate Jorts

Spikes is an ILB not an OLB.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by jreff22:

Thank you.

Next question??
  • zero
  • Veteran
Member Milestone: This is post number 1,800 for zero.

ahh, my bad. then he could be drafted to replace Takeo Spikes then

Same name

point is, he's a game changer on defense and could used in some capacity
Originally posted by zero:

Same name

They are actually related

Same name

We drafted Scott McKillop this year for that very purpose. At this point, if we're talking linebackers, we should be talking about guys that have the potential to be 3-4 OLBs and get after the QB.
  • zero
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:

Same name

We drafted Scott McKillop this year for that very purpose. At this point, if we're talking linebackers, we should be talking about guys that have the potential to be 3-4 OLBs and get after the QB.

ok, I'll high jack my own thread then,...I forgot about Mckillop and have a man crush on Brandon Spikes,..anyway, TCU defensive end Jerry Hughes...yeah or nea

Same name

ok, I'll high jack my own thread then,...I forgot about Mckillop and have a man crush on Brandon Spikes,..anyway, TCU defensive end Jerry Hughes...yeah or nea

As long as the guy has OLB next to his name I'm fine with it.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Instead, we need to migrate back to a f**king 4-3 base D.

Balmer and Soap at the DTs, with Smith and a draft pick at DEs with Evans, McDonald, RJF, and Haralson as rotational players.

Lawson, Willis, and Spikes at LBs with Ulbrich, McKillop, and a draft pick at OLB.
Spikes is an absolutely fcuking beast, but he's not a pass rushing OLB (which is what we really need).

Same name

Jerry Hughes is an absolute beast and is my top option to fill our need at rush OLB opposite of Haralson... Lawson simply doesnt have the ability to consistently get to the QB and will be doomed to a specialty role as a result of it.

As it stands right now, here are my top options for each of our Day 1 picks in 2010:

ROUND 1A
Eric Berry (DB)
Ndamukong Suh (NT)
Dez Bryant (WR) - Dependant on Crabtree

ROUND 1B
Jevan Snead (QB)
Ciron Black (RT)
Taylor Mays (SS)

ROUND 2
Jerry Hughes (OLB)

Here's a little clip of Hughes for those interested: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwiD6xHX3Nw

[ Edited by abowers1984 on Sep 3, 2009 at 01:27:02 ]
Unless our QB's really stink it up this year (god I hope not), I see us using our 2 1st picks on OLB & RT.
Could someone enlighten me about him? Ive been hearing his name pop up quite a bit and i dont remember him being particularly fast. If were going to pick an ILB in the first round i wouldve hoped his speed at least complimented Patrick's. I just dont see it though. But yall have watched him a lot more than me. Whats the verdict on this kid?
Originally posted by ruthless49er:
Could someone enlighten me about him? Ive been hearing his name pop up quite a bit and i dont remember him being particularly fast. If were going to pick an ILB in the first round i wouldve hoped his speed at least complimented Patrick's. I just dont see it though. But yall have watched him a lot more than me. Whats the verdict on this kid?

No ILB has ever or will ever match Willis' speed
And as for the OP, I know it was done in September but Lawson is the team leader in sacks
Originally posted by solidg2000:
Originally posted by ruthless49er:

No ILB has ever or will ever match Willis' speed
And as for the OP, I know it was done in September but Lawson is the team leader in sacks

but see thats my point. I havent seen an ILB worthy of being a top 15 pick other than Willis in the past ten years or so. Im talking numbers and measurables. 13 or 16/17 seems way too high for an ILB whos not that fast at all. McKillop or someone in the 3rd or 4th will do just as nicely. when was Harris picked? 2nd round or so? that sounds about right for Spikes.