LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 233 users in the forums

Thoughts on Jimmy Clausen

Among all the other top QBs for 2010, I believe Clausen is the only one who runs a pro-style offense -- Spread QBs make me nervous.

Based on what I've been reading about the leadership role he's taken on this offseason and his bowl performance, I have a feeling he's going to break out and fulfill the hype he came in with.

Based on his experience running an NFL playbook at Notre Dame, I think NFL teams could push this guy above Bradford.

Thoughts?
  • evil
  • Veteran
He may not even declare, he's but a junior.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
I think Clausen is highly rated because he goes to Notre Dame. Other than that, he sucks.
Originally posted by 23zack80:
I think Clausen is highly rated because he goes to Notre Dame. Other than that, he sucks.

I think that he doesn't put up the #s of others because of the offense he runs. If he ran a spread, he would light it up.

But he has everything you want in a #1 pick:

1. Runs a Pro-style offense
2. Strong arm
3. Tall
4. Mobile
5. quick learner

He also has the pedigree -- he's been groomed since age 13 to be an NFL QB.
  • DVDA
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nickbradley:

I think that he doesn't put up the #s of others because of the offense he runs. If he ran a spread, he would light it up.

2. Strong arm
3. Tall
4. Mobile
5. quick learner

If he waits until his senior year to come out, then I would consider it but he makes too many mistakes against inferior talent. If he struggles against San Diego State, he definately isn't ready to face the pressure of an 80 million dollar contract. From the games I've seen, he looks average to below average. He could become something special, but as of now I'm not convinced.
Raw, raw, and raw.

Needs to stay his senior year. Period.
Among all the other top QBs for 2010, I believe Clausen is the only one who runs a pro-style offense -- Spread QBs make me nervous.

Based on what I've been reading about the leadership role he's taken on this offseason and his bowl performance, I have a feeling he's going to break out and fulfill the hype he came in with.

Based on his experience running an NFL playbook at Notre Dame, I think NFL teams could push this guy above Bradford.

Thoughts?

I dont like his haircut, he looks like a punk ass mother f$*ker. The guy is a jerk

This.
Clausen is good, he could develop into a good player in the NFL... a lot of people expected him to be good by his sophmore year, and great by his junior year...so it's really hard to tell at this point, lets see how he plays this year..
I had one thought. No

2. Strong arm
3. Tall
4. Mobile
5. quick learner

Wasn't Joey Harrington all of those coming out of college as well? Except for #1.
He's no Matt Barkley...
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Raw, raw, and raw.

Needs to stay his senior year. Period.

yeah, he was highly recruited but i havent really been that impressed with him yet.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by abowers1984:
He's no Matt Barkley...

Matt Barkley has played how many games so far ? Yeah that's what I thought.
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by abowers1984:
He's no Matt Barkley...

Matt Barkley has played how many games so far ? Yeah that's what I thought.

How many? How many?!?!
Share 49ersWebzone