There are 131 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is Terrelle Pryor's 40 time really this fast?

Originally posted by cestmoi:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I could careless if a QB ran a 6.02 40, the question is can he distribute the ball and make all the throws in the NFL.

Yes, speed is really low on my list of priorities for a qb. Arguably it works against him. I do recall Steve Young being way too willing to park the ball under his arm and take off. Which of course just exposes your prime asset to damage.

Comparisons to Vick are inevitable I guess. Can this guy throw?

Yes he can throw, but not terribly well. But he was just a FRESHMAN last year, he will improve.

If you want a mobile QB that is an excellent passer, you need R. Griffin III of Baylor.
He was just a couple tenths from making the US olympic team as a hurdler, and he threw 25 TDs and had about 60% completion as a freshman as well.

McCoy is mobile and has a very accurate arm. he would be awesome for our team

Griffin is MUCH faster, ie world class sprinter times - and recruited for track and field as well.
And he has a stronger arm than McCoy, whose arm is barely above average.

ya but McCoy is WAY more accurate and his arm strength is fine. is he jamarcus russle? no, but his arm is good enough.
I could careless if a QB ran a 6.02 40, the question is can he distribute the ball and make all the throws in the NFL.

Yes, speed is really low on my list of priorities for a qb. Arguably it works against him. I do recall Steve Young being way too willing to park the ball under his arm and take off. Which of course just exposes your prime asset to damage.

Yes he can throw, but not terribly well. But he was just a FRESHMAN last year, he will improve.

If you want a mobile QB that is an excellent passer, you need R. Griffin III of Baylor.
He was just a couple tenths from making the US olympic team as a hurdler, and he threw 25 TDs and had about 60% completion as a freshman as well.

Griffin is MUCH faster, ie world class sprinter times - and recruited for track and field as well.

ya but McCoy is WAY more accurate and his arm strength is fine. is he jamarcus russle? no, but his arm is good enough.

Well the two are not going up against each other in the draft, but I would bet that RGIII will become a better player down the road.
He was just a freshman last year and doesnt have luxury of being surrounded by some of the most highly recruited teammates in the country like colt.

Well the two are not going up against each other in the draft, but I would bet that RGIII will become a better player down the road.
He was just a freshman last year and doesnt have luxury of being surrounded by some of the most highly recruited teammates in the country like colt.

although i agree, colt mccoy is a f**kin hog. even though he has good teammates, he makes plays with his feet (albeit it is not sprinter speed) and his arm. someone's gotta get the ball to the playmakers right? but i've never watched the Baylor QB ima watch him this season when he's on national tv. that kind of prospect is so intruiging
Originally posted by chico49erfan:

although i agree, colt mccoy is a f**kin hog. even though he has good teammates, he makes plays with his feet (albeit it is not sprinter speed) and his arm. someone's gotta get the ball to the playmakers right? but i've never watched the Baylor QB ima watch him this season when he's on national tv. that kind of prospect is so intruiging

Oh no doubt, mccoy is an elite player.
  • Ether
  • Veteran

Where did you get that he threw 25 TDs? ESPN has it at 2091 yards, 15 touchdowns, 3 interceptions, which isnt bad considering he played on Baylor... But nowhere near 25 passing touchdowns.

However he had almost 900 yards rushing and 13 touchdowns to go along with that, which is pretty impressive.
Originally posted by Ether:

Where did you get that he threw 25 TDs? ESPN has it at 2091 yards, 15 touchdowns, 3 interceptions, which isnt bad considering he played on Baylor... But nowhere near 25 passing touchdowns.

However he had almost 900 yards rushing and 13 touchdowns to go along with that, which is pretty impressive.

oh, i must have mentally added the passing and rushing tds, and was a few off.

He's still gonna be good though.
[ Edited by cestmoi on Aug 18, 2009 at 7:53 PM ]
no, training camp 40's in college are bs... no doubt he is fast but he isnt 4.3 fast
wow no haters on this board. Why can't he be that fast? He wasn't the most recruited player in highschool because he ran a 6.02 forty. He is also what 19? Ever see him play basketball? Take a look: guy jumps outta frigin gym. Maybe just maybe he is as good as advertised. Can't be faster than Vick why not? In the history of football will no QB be faster than Vick? Give me a break! Heck Steve Young was faster and better than Vick.
Originally posted by Ether:
In no way is Terrell pryor faster than Michael Vick, who ran a 4.36 in Mini Camp after he got drafted.

I was about to ask what was Vick's 40 time. Thanx
  • rtj03
  • Veteran
This guy is an athlete but not a QB. He can run and make some plays but his pocket presence is less than Alex Smith's. His throwing motion is terrible. I hope this guy comes no where near our team.
Originally posted by aman49:
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
The guy is going to look like a slug when he's crushed by USC.

You realize USC has basically all new starters on D right?

Wait for the season to start before you make unwarranted assumptions like that.

11 for 25, 176 yards and one int. 44 yards rushing. Stank you very much. And by no means am I USC fan, Ohio St. usually tends not to perform well when on a big stage and/or playing against a worthy opponent.

My problem with Ohio St. is they let have let me down plenty of times when playing in title games when i root for them. The BCS tends to think they belong in the top 10 every year from some reason.
chill out man. isn't he a junior ? and the season barely started, let him play it out
  • Riot
  • Veteran
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
chill out man. isn't he a junior ? and the season barely started, let him play it out

True sophomore. Plenty of time to work on his throws.
Originally posted by Riot:
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:

True sophomore. Plenty of time to work on his throws.

everytime I see him, i keep thinking he looks more like a wideout.
Pryors 40 time was electronically timed....it is legit. However, it was ran on a track on not on a football field. At a combine like setting, TP will run in the 4.4's. I have some friends that work in the football program at OSU (I live in Columbus now) and I trust their info.