There are 157 users in the forums

Is Terrelle Pryor's 40 time really this fast?

• Ang
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by valrod33:
he still sucks

Thanks for the constructive contribution to the thread.
If it's not an electronic time at the Combine it's irrelvant. I'm sure he's fast, but he'd hardly be the first guy to overstate his 40 time. Fast track, slow reaction on stop watch all could inflate the number.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I could careless if a QB ran a 6.02 40, the question is can he distribute the ball and make all the throws in the NFL.
  • Oscar
  • Hall of Fame
Best part of that whole article:

"Terrelle Pryor is listed at 235 pounds. His long, gazelle-like stride does make him deceptively fast. But a legitimate 4.33 at 235 pounds would make him an actual gazelle. A human being of that size moving at that speed is not yet conceivable. This is not Florida-level fake, but still: Totally bogus."

lol. Good stuff.
The guy is going to look like a slug when he's crushed by USC.
Originally posted by SolRebe1:

You realize USC has basically all new starters on D right?

Wait for the season to start before you make unwarranted assumptions like that.
Originally posted by aman49:
Originally posted by SolRebe1:

You realize USC has basically all new starters on D right?

Wait for the season to start before you make unwarranted assumptions like that.

His time at OSU was supposedly electronically timed.....but I have a real hard time believing he is THAT fast. I watched the OSU spring game and TP has improved a LOT throwing the ball. He definitely has arm strength to spare and can make any throw on the field. People seem to forget he was only a true freshman last year and they were running an insanely conservative offense all year. IMO, he breaks out this year.
[ Edited by Vol49er on Aug 14, 2009 at 8:14 PM ]
Originally posted by Ang:
Originally posted by valrod33:
he still sucks

Thanks for the constructive contribution to the thread.

Ohio fan is mad
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 23zack80:
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Originally posted by MadMartz:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Though, I doubt Pryor can run a 4.33 40 at combine, but this is a very poor article. The author thinks at 235lbs, running a 4.33 is impossible, and this is why Pryor's 40 time is bogus. Patrick Willis ran a 4.37 on pro-day at 240lbs. Vernon ran under 4.4 at 250lbs. Manny Lawson ran a 4.40 at 235lbs. Calvin Johnson ran in 4.3s at 230lbs.

I thought the same thing but Bo Jackson came to mind for me. 225lbs and a 4.16 or 4.12 40 I believe.

Holy $heet! Are you serious? That has to be a combine, if not NFL record. Is it actually possible to run a 4.16 or better and not be airborne?

I'm pretty sure Chris Johnson holds the combine record at 4.24, but I'm not sure.

you are correct

Bo and Deion's times are like urban legend. Nobody really knows. Deion's time gets better everytime they talk about it at the combine.

raiders trade their whole draft to move up and get this guy. "He's just so fast!!! welcome to da raiduhs, your careah is ovah"
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I could careless if a QB ran a 6.02 40, the question is can he distribute the ball and make all the throws in the NFL.

Yes, speed is really low on my list of priorities for a qb. Arguably it works against him. I do recall Steve Young being way too willing to park the ball under his arm and take off. Which of course just exposes your prime asset to damage.

Comparisons to Vick are inevitable I guess. Can this guy throw?
Originally posted by English:

Yes, speed is really low on my list of priorities for a qb. Arguably it works against him. I do recall Steve Young being way too willing to park the ball under his arm and take off. Which of course just exposes your prime asset to damage.

Yes he can throw, but not terribly well. But he was just a FRESHMAN last year, he will improve.

If you want a mobile QB that is an excellent passer, you need R. Griffin III of Baylor.
He was just a couple tenths from making the US olympic team as a hurdler, and he threw 25 TDs and had about 60% completion as a freshman as well.
Originally posted by cestmoi:

Yes he can throw, but not terribly well. But he was just a FRESHMAN last year, he will improve.

If you want a mobile QB that is an excellent passer, you need R. Griffin III of Baylor.
He was just a couple tenths from making the US olympic team as a hurdler, and he threw 25 TDs and had about 60% completion as a freshman as well.

McCoy is mobile and has a very accurate arm. he would be awesome for our team
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by cestmoi:

McCoy is mobile and has a very accurate arm. he would be awesome for our team

Griffin is MUCH faster, ie world class sprinter times - and recruited for track and field as well.
And he has a stronger arm than McCoy, whose arm is barely above average.
Share 49ersWebzone