LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Is this a blessing in disguise?

• Ether
  • Veteran
This Michael Crabtree BS about him willing to sit next year. I believe it is, because next year, we can select Dez Bryant, who will be better than Michael Craptree.

6'2, 210 pounds. 1480 yards last year, 19 touchdowns.

He is Michael Crab"tree million more den Heyward Bey please" except with a better attitude. Oh, and he was in a REAL offense too, that ran the ball.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ether:
This Michael Crabtree BS about him willing to sit next year. I believe it is, because next year, we can select Dez Bryant, who will be better than Michael Craptree.

6'2, 210 pounds. 1480 yards last year, 19 touchdowns.

He is Michael Crab"tree million more den Heyward Bey please" except with a better attitude. Oh, and he was in a REAL offense too, that ran the ball.

Fail.

Oklahoma State run a version of spread offense.
Loosing a #10 pick is not a blessing.

[ Edited by jta854 on Aug 7, 2009 at 09:20:24 ]
blessing? Crabtree is a major WR talent how would it be a blessing to lose him and a draft pick? people need to chill until Crabtree himself or his agent come out and say we are ganna sit the year.
Nor is loosing a # 10 pick, which Crabtree was.
Originally posted by nvninerfan1:
Nor is loosing a # 10 pick, which Crabtree was.

haha!! thanks!
People need to relax. You guys act like no one's ever held out before. Crabtree will get signed and he will light it up.
Losing the #10 pick would suck, but 99.99% of the people on this board would have drafted Crabtree with that selection last April. And we would have ended up right back in this same spot. Point being, Crabtree and his agent are to blame if we lose the #10 pick.

And I don't see how anything in situation could be described as a blessing. Even if we do lose Crabs and draft Bryant, we'd still just be spending two first round picks to get one first round WR. How is that a blessing?

Having said that, I can't see Crabs actually sitting out a year. I just don't believe he would go as high next year after adding to his prima donna rep and proving so difficult to work with. Not to mention the 9ers would own his rights until draft day, meaning he would have to get our permission to work out for anyone, etc. His biggest payday will come from the 9ers and it will come this year. I think his agent is smart enough to see that.
Yes, the last WR who sat out a year (wasn't eligible for draft) was Mike Williams from USC, and he had a "long and substantial" career didn't he?
the only way it gets better is if he does sit out and we trade him for some picks. Then it will be nice and hopefully we can pick up another WR and address our other needs.

this guy just said that bryant is better than crabtree
  • 49ersNorcal
  • Info N/A
All the ESPN analysts said on draft day that Michael Crabtree was the best WR coming out of college. And I agree with them, only the Raiders are crazy enough to draft someone else THAN Mr. Crabtree. He should have been the first WR drafted this year just Al Davis is crazy. I say pay him the money so he doesn't go all Anquan Boldin on us and get pissed off cause we undervalued him. And with Brandon Jones getting hurt he can just wait out longer until he gets what he wants cause the 49ers have no one else at the WR position for the long term except for Josh Morgan.
Crabtree will sign soon and we will be set at reciever for awhile.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
wow
I'd be shocked if Crabtree isn't signed before the start of the regular season. And when he does get signed and in the swing of things (likely not until the end of the year regardless of holdout status) we'll all be grateful for years to come.
Share 49ersWebzone