There are 437 users in the forums

Who should the Niners draft if they could do it all over again

Who should the Niners draft if they could do it all over again

Drafted Aaron Rodgers
They should have just got T.O.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BringBackTO:
Still have to go with Crabtree. If healthy (with a decent 40 time) he is a top 5 possibly top 3 pick. You can't look over that much value at the 10 spot esp. considering the WR position isn't exactly set in stone here in SF.

I honestly don't care if your receiving corps is set in stone, you have to seriously consider this move. If the raiders had made the right move and taken Calvin Johnson instead of J Russel, could you imagine that offense? Mcfadden, Bush, CJ, and Jeff Garcia at QB. Crabtree will hopefully sign within the week and this mess can be over.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by socalniner:
They should have just got T.O.

Honestly, that would have been sweet if they did. TO seems much more humbled now that hes near the ending of his career and on which probably is his last team. Too bad he wasn't with us.
There no way we could pull an Al Davis and NOT draft Crabtree. We are not as deep at WR as some pretend. Only Morgan, Hill, and Jones are signed after this season. Bruce will not be back. I am not prepared to simply declare Morgan or Jones starting NFL receivers because they haven't proved anything yet other than flash some potential. Crabtree was a gift at #10.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Joecool:
Drafted Aaron Rodgers

I would've drafted Braylon Edwards first, than traded back up to draft Rogers. Right now we would be without Baas if I did that....but aren't we without Baas most of the tie anyways??
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Drafted Aaron Rodgers

I would've drafted Braylon Edwards first, than traded back up to draft Rogers. Right now we would be without Baas if I did that....but aren't we without Baas most of the tie anyways??

Braylon has been ok but he hasnt exactly lit the league on fire. he's eclipsed 1000 yards only once. and no one woulda been there to throw him the ball. that year i wanted smith, but i woulda been fine with taking edwards and trading up to get jason campbell. it was a bad situation for whoever we wouldve drafted.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Drafted Aaron Rodgers

It's easy to say that in hindsight, but if you flashback to that day I don't think too many would believe that Rodgers would be still on the board at 24. Then you get to the cost of trading back up to grab him. It could of costed us our 1st rounder the following season like it did with Cleveland. So now we're missing out on Baas and Vernon. Yeah I'd take Rodgers and Edwards over Smith, Baas, and Vernon, but that's the benefit of hindsight.
Drafted Aaron Rodgers

Who would now be Alex Smith.
yea whu

Originally posted by 49erman5692:
orakpo

osackpo
Michael Ohre for me, he was suppose to be there for that pick, not Crabtree.
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:
If the Niners chose anyone but Crabtree when he fell to them, they would have been crucified by everyone; especially the media and Niner fans.

This. Come on people!
We should have drafted Michael Oher. This would have given us the ability to draft Dez Bryant instead of Anthony Davis.

What would you rather have?

a) Michael Crabtree and Anthony Davis
b) Dez Bryant, Michael Oher and whatever it took to trade up to get Davis

Even though Dez is a moron, I would take option B without thinking for more than 1.4 seconds. And I like Crabtree.
nate davis.
Share 49ersWebzone