LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 252 users in the forums

Who should the Niners draft if they could do it all over again

Who should the Niners draft if they could do it all over again

Originally posted by Kolohe:
If the 9ers could do it all over again, I'd draft the other Crabtree, the one that wouldn't hold out. Actually your saying if we could go back in time, well if we could do that I'd tell Crabtree to fire his agent!!!

Sorry I had to go deep.

[ Edited by ramanz16 on Aug 11, 2009 at 12:19:09 ]
The same guy every day and twice on Sunday.
if we had to do the 2005 draft all over again who would be pick at #1?
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:

With the benefit of hindsight it would have been Merriman.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:

With the benefit of hindsight it would have been Merriman.

Id go Ware.
  • Esco
  • Hall of Fame
Ask me after we see who busts.
Originally posted by redmanc07:
Originally posted by backontop:
Desean Jackson

How can you not listen to the GOAT

Umm because he is not a draft expert nor a coach. Just because your the greatest at playing something doesnt mean your the greatest at everything to do with the sport. ie Jordan in the NBA

I believe we're talking about what we would have done with our 2009 first round pick. Desean Jackson was in the 2008 draft.

i'd go back and fire nolan and then draft smith again
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:

yea i said it. none of us where psychic to know that meriman and ware were gonna be the real deal. i think smith couldve and can be a good QB, nolan went about his development all wrong

yea i said it. none of us where psychic to know that meriman and ware were gonna be the real deal. i think smith couldve and can be a good QB, nolan went about his development all wrong

you don't think Smith was just in a good urban myer spread offense system in utah? and that rogers could have been more of a NFL type QB? smith did have more upside cause he has a better release technique and he was more mobile but i ahhhh why am i even starting hahahaha... what's good big dawg?

you don't think Smith was just in a good urban myer spread offense system in utah? and that rogers could have been more of a NFL type QB? smith did have more upside cause he has a better release technique and he was more mobile but i ahhhh why am i even starting hahahaha... what's good big dawg?

i just think rogers woulda been killed. ive always been a fan of mobile QB's so i wanted smith. but yea, good move, no more smith vs rogers b.s. on the zone hahaha.
After watching last night's game and seeing that our team still has exactly the same pathetic pass rush and feeble pass protection, I started fantasizing about drafting Michael Oher and Everett Brown. Everyone knew those were our two biggest weaknesses, and the major things that have kept us from competing at a high level. Everyone except our GM, who stubbornly refused to seriously upgrade those positions in the draft or in free agency. So here we are again.

But it didn't have to be this way. We could have come out of the draft with 2 first round ranked players at those positions of need. Oher in the first and Brown in second would have done a lot more for this team than Crabtree will do this season.

I know it's a little unfair because we didn't know Crabtree would hold out like this. But if you look at what was said about him before the draft, a lot of this behavior is spelled out pretty clearly. Clearly enough for 9 other teams to avoid him anyway.
Crabtree is still the BPA. Just cause he's taking forever to sign doesn't me he's not the right pick.
Rashaun Woods
Share 49ersWebzone