LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 301 users in the forums

Panthers DE Everette Brown Agrees to 4 Year Deal!

ESPN

Quote:
The Carolina Panthers reached a four-year, $4.3 million agreement with second-round choice Everette Brown, according to a source.

Brown will receive $2.6875 million in guarantees, the source said. Brown's deal leaves the Panthers with two unsigned draft choices among his seven.

Brown, 21, was the 43rd pick in the 2009 draft, but he came to the team in exchange for a 2010 first-round pick the Panthers gave to the San Francisco 49ers. The 6-foot-2, 256-pound Brown was brought in to develop as a pass rusher.

A native of Stantonburg, N.C., he was first-team All-ACC at Florida State.
Saw him play over the weekend. Dude looked good. Panthers will have a hell of a pass rush this year with him and Peppers.
Originally posted by miked1978:
Saw him play over the weekend. Dude looked good. Panthers will have a hell of a pass rush this year with him and Peppers.

I think the plan is for him to replace Peppers when he leaves next year. I doubt they franchise him again.
Brown has been credited with a sack in both of the panthers pre-season games so far. If he turns out to be a good passrusher the 49ers will look foolish.
Originally posted by nflguy49:
Brown has been credited with a sack in both of the panthers pre-season games so far. If he turns out to be a good passrusher the 49ers will look foolish.

They will take some heat, but he's playing 43 DE there and would have been a 34 OLB here. Two different positions. It also depends on who we get with their 1st round pick and where Peppers lands in FA.

Agree!

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.
He should have asked for a $15 million bonus since some webzone mock drafts had him going to us
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
He should have asked for a $15 million bonus since some webzone mock drafts had him going to us

LOL Damn you Crabs

why the 9ers every other team passed on him too.

Originally posted by kstolai:

Agree!

4-3 DE doesn't necessarily translate to 3-4 OLB
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Agree!

While I certainly agree with you. Everette Brown's biggest knocks (that he was an undersized "tweener") are all traits that actually make him better suited in the 3-4 at OLB....

How our front office graded Everette Brown as a "third round value", yet saw Manny Lawson as a top 22 pick value is absolutely beyond me... whoever scouts pass rushers for the 49ers needs to be fired ASAP. It is absolutely unacceptable how terrible of a job they've done...

the 49ers are to scouting runningbacks as the SF Giants are to scouting pitchers ... but we are also to scouting pass rushers as the SF Giants are to scouting power bats (and trades/free agency for that matter")
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

Agree!

Cough...Andre Carter
I liked him a lot, I thought it was a no brainer to take him in the 2nd rd but I am happy we have Carolina's 1st rd pick next year in a much better draft. Plus New England passed on Brown a couple of times and they needed a 3-4 Pass rusher so that tells you they didn't think he was a good fit in the 3-4 either.
Originally posted by crzy:

Agree!

Cough...Andre Carter

And that worked out well.
Share 49ersWebzone