LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 312 users in the forums

The NFL Draft Is Now Over the Course of 3 Days Beginning in 2010!!!

The NFL Draft Is Now Over the Course of 3 Days Beginning in 2010!!!

If they really want to make a change, they should try Friday night through Sunday. That would make better sense to me.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
I thought this years draft schedule was perfect. This is just lame now. At worst, they could have done the 1st round on friday night, and then 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round on Saturday (starting at 1est) and finish off Sunday with 5th - 7th (starting at 1est)
I work third shift so this now forces me to take my week off on this week now. I am sick of Roger Goodell. For every good thing he does he does a bad thing. Long Live King Roger!!

So let me get this straight.... take it from Saturday and Sunday where just about everyone can watch to Thursday night where second and third shift people will miss all or some of the draft.

Roger, if you want to do something how about put it on regular tv so I don't have to have satellite from January to August (no football). Really, I only have satellite for the draft and sunday ticket to watch the 9ers. How about working on being able to see any team you want on your local station for free Roger? Oh, I forgot that would lose you big shots of the NFL billions of dollars. Not like they couldn't survive with out it.

[ Edited by Gore_21 on Jul 24, 2009 at 05:14:23 ]
Just another way Goddell is ruining a once great league.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Stupid.

They are just trying to generate more TV ratings for the draft. I don't blame them. But the draft can be completed in 1 - 2 days. The current 2 day format is sufficient. You are getting rediculous with 3 days.

Why not a week? Why not 2 weeks?

If advertising money keeps coming in and the draft keeps getting monster ratings then you might get one round a day. You guys are forgetting most of these owners are businessmen and not fans they wan more profits bottom line and this is a sure fire way. I'm sure ESPN and NFL Network love the ide also b/c it generates more advertising for them aswell.

Originally posted by Gore_21:
I work third shift so this now forces me to take my week off on this week now. I am sick of Roger Goodell. For every good thing he does he does a bad thing. Long Live King Roger!!

So let me get this straight.... take it from Saturday and Sunday where just about everyone can watch to Thursday night where second and third shift people will miss all or some of the draft.

Roger, if you want to do something how about put it on regular tv so I don't have to have satellite from January to August (no football). Really, I only have satellite for the draft and sunday ticket to watch the 9ers. How about working on being able to see any team you want on your local station for free Roger? Oh, I forgot that would lose you big shots of the NFL billions of dollars. Not like they couldn't survive with out it.

You seriously planing your week off around the NFL Draft?
I absolutely hate it. My friends and I usually have a BBQ come draft day (except this year cus we attended the 49er Draft Party).

Now I have to get off work early just so I can watch my draft
Originally posted by lamontb:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Stupid.

They are just trying to generate more TV ratings for the draft. I don't blame them. But the draft can be completed in 1 - 2 days. The current 2 day format is sufficient. You are getting rediculous with 3 days.

Why not a week? Why not 2 weeks?

If advertising money keeps coming in and the draft keeps getting monster ratings then you might get one round a day. You guys are forgetting most of these owners are businessmen and not fans they wan more profits bottom line and this is a sure fire way. I'm sure ESPN and NFL Network love the ide also b/c it generates more advertising for them aswell.

Originally posted by Gore_21:

You seriously planing your week off around the NFL Draft?

A. It's my favorite day(s) of the year.

B. We have 2 1st round picks!!!!!!

C. I am young and I don't go on trips.
Originally posted by SF69ers:
I absolutely hate it. My friends and I usually have a BBQ come draft day (except this year cus we attended the 49er Draft Party).

So does this new schedule spell doom for team organized draft parties?
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
The first round will start on Thursday, April 22 at 7:30 p.m. ET (7:30-11 p.m. ET approximately).

The second and third rounds will resume on Friday, April 23 at 6:30 p.m. (6:30-11 p.m. ET approximately).

With Rounds 4-7 picking up at 10:00 a.m. Saturday (10 a.m.-6 p.m. ET approximately).

So us on the west coast have an early night.

I guess they don't care if we out here on the west coast watch or not. Pretty hard to be watching at 3:30 and 4:30 in the afternoon. What else is new? It must be being covered by the Eastern Sports Programming Network.
Originally posted by TenderLoinTimmy:
Originally posted by SF69ers:

So does this new schedule spell doom for team organized draft parties?

Yes, I would assume so.

• fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by PTulini:
The NFL Draft format has changed beginning in 2010!
The NFL Draft Goes Primetime!

What is your take?

at 430 pacific time..... how many fans will probably be at work.../
Originally posted by 49erRider:
"The NFL Is Now Over the Course of 3 Days Beginning in 2010!!!"

Really? The whole season is only going to be over the course of 3 days?

Yes exactly! The season lasts only 3 days...leaving the other 349 days for draft coverage!!!
Goodell is really starting to annoy me. Add this to already long list of mistakes. Spygate, Super Bowl in foreign country.

If it's not broke don't fix it Roger. Spending the entire Saturday with buds was part of fun of the draft.
Originally posted by SS2K8:
The NFL should make the first round a 32 day event followed by 3 months of rounds 2-7

At least someones thinking.
Share 49ersWebzone