LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

The NFL Draft Is Now Over the Course of 3 Days Beginning in 2010!!!

The NFL Draft Is Now Over the Course of 3 Days Beginning in 2010!!!

The NFL Draft format has changed beginning in 2010!
The NFL Draft Goes Primetime!

What is your take?
[ Edited by PTulini on Jul 23, 2009 at 6:15 PM ]
first off, Damn you Pat, was ready to post it, lol.

Anyway, seriously now, idk what to think, there turning it into a primetime event, and it may work, or may not.

atleast they arent having picks 1-15 on thursday, then friday 16-32, etc....
The first round will start on Thursday, April 22 at 7:30 p.m. ET (7:30-11 p.m. ET approximately).

The second and third rounds will resume on Friday, April 23 at 6:30 p.m. (6:30-11 p.m. ET approximately).

With Rounds 4-7 picking up at 10:00 a.m. Saturday (10 a.m.-6 p.m. ET approximately).

So us on the west coast have an early night.
  • SS2K8
  • Veteran
The NFL should make the first round a 32 day event followed by 3 months of rounds 2-7
"The NFL Is Now Over the Course of 3 Days Beginning in 2010!!!"

Really? The whole season is only going to be over the course of 3 days?
By the way, I think the new draft schedule sucks. What was wrong with the weekend schedule?

More importantly, what's going to happen with the 49ers annual draft party?!
Originally posted by 49erRider:
"The NFL Is Now Over the Course of 3 Days Beginning in 2010!!!"

Really? The whole season is only going to be over the course of 3 days?

Sorry, Typo. I fixed it!
Totally retarded. MLB can get 50 rounds of drafting completed in that amount of time. Get rid of the studio blow-hard analyses and just get it done in 2 days.
Wow!
Lame, this was my annual spring excuse to drink at 9am.

I HATE IT!!! This was the one time of year to get all of my friends together to watch the draft. We are all fans of different teams so we enjoyed making fun of each others picks (Hayward-Bey anyone). Now with everyones different work schedules during the week almost makes this impossible. F@#k ratings right up their arse. I live by they saying "What ain't broke, don't fix it" and that is what the NFL should have done with this one.
Originally posted by NinersFo6:
I HATE IT!!! This was the one time of year to get all of my friends together to watch the draft. We are all fans of different teams so we enjoyed making fun of each others picks (Hayward-Bey anyone). Now with everyones different work schedules during the week almost makes this impossible. F@#k ratings right up their arse. I live by they saying "What ain't broke, don't fix it" and that is what the NFL should have done with this one.

I know how you feel man. The NFL Draft is usually is only of year I get to spend with my best friend and his family! Now what the f**k am I supposed to do?

Yeah, I agree, I am not happy with this. No way will I be able to attend the 49ers draft day party. Watching the NFL on a Thursday night will not be the same as my friends and I will most likely not be able to get together to watch it.

I hope the ratings drop through the floor and Goddell get's off his high horse.

Not a good move at all!

• Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinersFo6:

same thing with me bro, im not down with this at all!!

Stupid.

They are just trying to generate more TV ratings for the draft. I don't blame them. But the draft can be completed in 1 - 2 days. The current 2 day format is sufficient. You are getting rediculous with 3 days.

Why not a week? Why not 2 weeks?
Share 49ersWebzone