LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 437 users in the forums

49ers to Target the 2010 QB Draft Class???

Originally posted by JDeezy:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by YourHuckleberry:
Originally posted by SF69ers:
Originally posted by NinersSC:
First round: Taylor Mays, Terrence Cody
Second round: Tim Hiller or Dan Lefevour (My choice is Lefevour)

My choices:

First Round - Eric Berry (S) and Ciron Black (RT)
Second Round - Jerry Hughes (OLB)
Third Round - Dan Williams (NT)

I would love it.

I'm all for not drafting a QB at all and trying to coach up Nate Davis.

Exactly what I was thinking.

See, I like being optimistic about our talent as well, but I'm asking the question can we really afford to miss this opportunity??? There will be many very good qb's available in this draft, why not lock up the position long term, just because we might have a good qb waiting. You can never have too many good qbs and last I checked they're pretty valuable in trades as well. We might not have the opportunity to pick this high in a while, might as well take advantage of Carolina's early pick. I'm not saying take a qb just to take one, but if he's the best player on the board, we'd better take em.

To be quite honest with you, I am not all too impressed with the QBs this year. Bradford has been injured and can be quite the risk selection. Snead has been inconsistent. Jake Locker and Jimmy Clausen have been the QBs to look for. But seriously, we are not a team that can take a QB just to lock up the position. We do have needs in this draft especially on the offensive line. The only player that is #1 on the board is Eric Berry. Anyone else is a free for all.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Sam Bradford is going back for his Senior season.

and lose more money than he already has??? no way. There's going to be an abundance of underclassmen declaring with the belief of the rookie cap coming in 2011......that's why the Pats wanted the Raiders pick in that draft and not the next years. Bradford already did OU a favor by sticking around with a porous offensive line and look what it got him. He'll still be a top 5-10 pick and make oodles of guaranteed money. If the NFL goes to a true slotted/dictated system ala the NBA he'll lose an insane amount of money. Separated shoulder or not, there's no way imo that he'll go back.

Hey, I'm just repeating what was written on the bottom line of ESPN. But since you asked, if he comes out now, its a higher risk that he comes out this year. For one, his shoulder injury is lingering and could cost him the season and his draft stock. He won't be able to work out at the combines or his Pro Day. If he heals and goes back to school and has a good 2011 year, he has a chance to be the #1 overall pick in the draft.

I was unaware of that link.......the irony a mod not attributing a link or ref of some sort........anyways as to your last point, even with a slotting system the number 1 pick in 2011 would still fall short of a top 5 pick in 2010.

Here you go Link. Sorry I didn't think I'd have to post one, I just figured people would know that, it being all over ESPN and all.

And with his shoulder injury and rough season hes having, I wouldn't bet on him being a top 5 pick. Crabtree should be a good example of that. With Bradford wanting a National Title, and Tebow graduating, it would look to be a good move for his college career.

On a side note:

Quote:
The Heisman Trophy winner's announcement came at the same time that two other key offensive teammates similarly announced they will be coming back. Tackle Trent Williams and tight end Jermaine Gresham will return. Earlier this week, Oklahoma defensive tackle Gerald McCoy also announced he will return for next season.

and lose more money than he already has??? no way. There's going to be an abundance of underclassmen declaring with the belief of the rookie cap coming in 2011......that's why the Pats wanted the Raiders pick in that draft and not the next years. Bradford already did OU a favor by sticking around with a porous offensive line and look what it got him. He'll still be a top 5-10 pick and make oodles of guaranteed money. If the NFL goes to a true slotted/dictated system ala the NBA he'll lose an insane amount of money. Separated shoulder or not, there's no way imo that he'll go back.

Hey, I'm just repeating what was written on the bottom line of ESPN. But since you asked, if he comes out now, its a higher risk that he comes out this year. For one, his shoulder injury is lingering and could cost him the season and his draft stock. He won't be able to work out at the combines or his Pro Day. If he heals and goes back to school and has a good 2011 year, he has a chance to be the #1 overall pick in the draft.

I was unaware of that link.......the irony a mod not attributing a link or ref of some sort........anyways as to your last point, even with a slotting system the number 1 pick in 2011 would still fall short of a top 5 pick in 2010.

Here you go Link. Sorry I didn't think I'd have to post one, I just figured people would know that, it being all over ESPN and all.

And with his shoulder injury and rough season hes having, I wouldn't bet on him being a top 5 pick. Crabtree should be a good example of that. With Bradford wanting a National Title, and Tebow graduating, it would look to be a good move for his college career.

On a side note:

Quote:
The Heisman Trophy winner's announcement came at the same time that two other key offensive teammates similarly announced they will be coming back. Tackle Trent Williams and tight end Jermaine Gresham will return. Earlier this week, Oklahoma defensive tackle Gerald McCoy also announced he will return for next season.

I think you're a bit confused. This article is in reference to this past draft and alludes to this season......the one in which he already got hurt. It's dated January 15, 2009.......so its before this past April's draft. By the way Gresham has already said he's going into this draft despite being hurt. How could McCoy have announced it earlier this week, when earlier this week was October 5, 6 etc... and this article is dated Jan 15, 2009??? McCoy will be the first pick of the Rams. Trent Williams is a senior this year so he can't go back and Bradford can, but has not said so.......again this article is referencing the 2009 draft, which has already passed.
TE Jermaine Gresham will declare for the 2010 NFL Draft. I saw that on ESPN a week or two ago.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

On a side note:

Quote:

I think you're a bit confused. This article is in reference to this past draft and alludes to this season......the one in which he already got hurt. It's dated January 15, 2009.......so its before this past April's draft. By the way Gresham has already said he's going into this draft despite being hurt. How could McCoy have announced it earlier this week, when earlier this week was October 5, 6 etc... and this article is dated Jan 15, 2009??? McCoy will be the first pick of the Rams. Trent Williams is a senior this year so he can't go back and Bradford can, but has not said so.......again this article is referencing the 2009 draft, which has already passed.

Shoot your right, my bad, but it still says hes going back for his senior season, and I won't deny what I saw on the bottom line.
As of right now, there appears to be 4 top prospects at QB:

Oklahoma QB Sam Bradford
Washington QB Jake Locker
Notre Dame QB Jimmy Clausen
Texas QB Colt McCoy
Originally posted by PTulini:
As of right now, there appears to be 4 top prospects at QB:

Oklahoma QB Sam Bradford
Washington QB Jake Locker
Notre Dame QB Jimmy Clausen
Texas QB Colt McCoy

Nate Davis is going to be better than all of those QB´s