LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 253 users in the forums

UFL Draft going on right now!!!

Look at the UFL Vegas and Orlando team rosters, lots of familiar names haha
I wish the San Francisco team would go after some of the high profile qb's still available (ie. Rex Grossman, JP Losman, Mike Vick, Quinn Gray, Tim Rattay). Also don't be surprised to see Grham Harrel joining once the NFL season starts (and he's not on any roster).

Las Vegas
DB | ARCHULETA, ADAM (ARIZONA STATE)
DE | AWASOM, ADRIAN (NORTH TEXAS)
P | BAUGHER, DANNY (ARIZONA)
OG | BOONE, JASON (UTAH)
NT | BRYANT, WENDELL (WISCONSIN-MADISON)
LB | BUTLER, EZRA (NEVADA)
DB | DADA, WALE (WASHINGTON STATE)
T | GAUSE, GEORGE (SOUTH CAROLINA)
DB | GAUSE, PAUL (SETON HALL)
K | JACAS, ANDREW (FORT VALLEY STATE)
TE | JACKSON, NATE (MENLO COLLEGE)
T | JOYCE, BRANDON (ILLINOIS STATE)
WR | KIRKUS, DAVID (GRAND VALLEY STATE)
TE | KUHN, SCOTT (LOUISVILLE)
NT | LONG, GABE (UTAH)
LB | MOORE, BRANDON (OKLAHOMA)
RB | PALMER, RONNIE (ARIZONA)
LB | STILLS, GARY (WEST VIRGINIA)
RB | THOMPSON, TYSON (SAN JOSE STATE)
WR | THURMAN, ANDRAE (SOUTHERN OREGON)
LB | TOAL, BRIAN (BOSTON COLLEGE)
DB | TURNBULL, NICK (FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL)
DB | WILLIAMS, CHAZ (OREGON)
RB | WHITEHEAD, TERRENCE (OREGON)

Orlando
NT | BLEDSOE, FRED (ARKANSAS)
QB | BOLLINGER, BROOKS (WISCONSIN)
FB | CRUZ, RONNIE (NORTHERN STATE-SD)
DB | DOSS, MIKE (OHIO STATE)
DB | FASSITT, GREG (GRAMBLING)
WR | GESSNER, CHAS (BROWN)
TE | HEINRICH, KEITH (SAM HOUSTON STATE)
NT | LONG, RIEN (WASHINGTON STATE)
DB | MASON, GRANT (MICHIGAN)
LB | MCGARIGLE, TIM (NORTHWESTERN)
RB | PERRY, CHRIS (MICHIGAN)
T | PETITTI, ROB (PITTSBURGH)
OG | PILLAR, ZACK (FLORIDA)
DE | POWELL, ERIC (FLORIDA STATE)
LB | SCHLEGEL, ANTHONY (OHIO STATE)
DE | SCHOBEL, BO (TCU)
WR | THOMPSON, DOMINIQUE (WILLIAM & MARY)
CB | TRIBBLE, DEJUAN (BOSTON COLLEGE)
NT | TRIPPLETT, LARRY (WASHINGTON)
DB | VINNETT, DARIUS (ARKANSAS)
T | WAND, SETH (NORTHWEST MISSOURI ST)
TE | WIGGINS, JERMAINE (GEORGIA)
RB | WILSON, QUINCY (WEST VIRGINIA)
DB | WRIGHT, TJ (OHIO UNIVERSITY)

[ Edited by 49oz2superbowl on Jun 19, 2009 at 12:09:40 ]
lmao, Moore goes from starting at ILB to playing in the UFL, if he makes the cut.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Tim Rattay to San Francisco!!!
Not that I really feel passionately about the league (obviously), but I don't know whether I want to root for SF or LV. I mean, I'm from the Bay Area, but I live in LA and it seems LV is going to be a LV/LA team. Although I wouldn't be surprised if, assuming it survives, LA is one of the next cities to have a team.

I guess I'll watch somewhat open to it and...here it comes...,let my heart decide.

[ Edited by mug0mug on Jun 23, 2009 at 03:04:37 ]
Originally posted by mug0mug:
Not that I really feel passionately about the league (obviously), but I don't know whether I want to root for SF or LV. I mean, I'm from the Bay Area, but I live in LA and it seems LV is going to be a LV/LA team. Although I wouldn't be surprised if, assuming it survives, LA is one of the next cities to have a team.

I guess I'll watch somewhat open to it and...here it comes...,let my heart decide.

I love going to Vegas and think it may be kind of fun to drive up and see a game while there.
When is the season?
San Francisco Pride

get it .....................

someone mentioned Gold, that's cool with me, I really don't like Sea Lions
  • kw49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teeohh:
San Francisco Pride

get it .....................

someone mentioned Gold, that's cool with me, I really don't like Sea Lions

Okay, why was I thinking the exact same thing? It's actually kind of a cool name, even though a lot of people might not like what it represents. You could actually use the Sea Lion angle. A pack of lions is considered a pride. It could have a double meaning. Although, I'm sure most people would still hate it.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
I do not understand why this league chooses to run concurrent with the NFL. I think they should start after the NBA finals. I am sure there are plenty of people like me that don't watch baseball or golf, and go through withdrawls with only Nascar to watch until NFL preseason. The heat would not be fun for the players but they could play and
practice in the evenings.
Yea, Alex Smith should go play with these scrubs in the UFL. Maybe he would actually perform against some has-beens.

There's some pretty good players in there. BJ Sams was one of the top returners in the league a few years back. He broke his legs and had some alcohol issues though.

A handful of those guys fall into the Clayton category of guys who showed potential in limited play/preseason, but just didn't crack the starting lineup.

I'll keep my eye on the league. After teams trim the rosters this offseason, they'll bolster the UFL rosters.

I'm excited about it. I hope they just promote it as standard football league rather than some cheesy XFL thing.
I'll go ahead and jump on the Las Vegas Bandwagon. Its just as close for me as Frisco and I am always looking for a good reason to visit Vegas. Now all I need is a couple of years to start giving an actual damn about the team. I've never been able to have a second favorite...we'll see.
One thing I can say about the XFL though....quality of game play aside, attending the games was actually fun for me. It was more like a big party inside. I remember when SF played LA up at Pac Bell....there were people smoking herb in the (less than capacity) crowd, some people had brought their own booze, and there werent strictly enforcing. I remember one guy got out and climbed up on one of the roofs of the dugouts and started dancing with his shirt off....security took him away but as the crowd chanted "bring him back", the announcer called on them to bring him back out, so they did....and let him dance up on the dugout roof - with the cheerleaders!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49erWill:
Just in case anyone is interested Orlando has the rights to Mike Vick.

Mike Vick once a $100 million dollar man, will now be playing for $35,000 if he signs.
This league's gunna be competitive.
Originally posted by BobS:
I do not understand why this league chooses to run concurrent with the NFL. I think they should start after the NBA finals. I am sure there are plenty of people like me that don't watch baseball or golf, and go through withdrawls with only Nascar to watch until NFL preseason. The heat would not be fun for the players but they could play and
practice in the evenings.

I agree, a spring/summer league would be awesome. I was really bummed when the WLAF went under, was a huge Sacramento Surge fan (probably one of the very few, though).
Share 49ersWebzone